Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Position : Logistics Manager
Region : Nairobi
Reporting to : Director Supply Chain
Band : 4.1
Department : Supply Chain
Who We Are
Telkom connects the people that keep Kenya on the move. It does this by providing integrated telecommunications solutions to individuals, Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (SMEs), Government and large corporates in Kenya, drawing from a diverse solutions suite that includes voice, data, mobile money as well as network services. Powered by its vast fiber optic infrastructure, it is also a major provider of wholesale, carrier-to-carrier traffic within the country and the region.
The Logistics manager is responsible for maximizing the efficiency of the logistics to achieve the highest level of customer service at optimal operating cost. Reporting to the Director of Supply Chain, the role offers.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Managing outsourced logistics in terms of contract management and operational management
- Managing the interface between the internal customers (IT&N, Mass Market, Business Market) and the logistic supplier
- Ensuring the overall SLA between the internal customers and the logistic function is well maintained and tracked. Reporting monthly KPIs on the Logistics activities
- Cooperating with the Procurement function in order to insure a constant goods traceability from PO to Warehouse delivery
- Monitor and ensure QHSE standards in warehouse and efficient space planning and utilization
- Coordinate with Fixed Asset and Stock Management department to ensure visibility and recording physical movement of assets.
- Coordinate for adequate asset disposal process, and motivates healthy inventory turnover and reasonable stock aging.
- Effectively manage inventory management to continuously improve stock availability and accuracy of stock figures
- Reviewing and improving the logistics processes, selecting and adopting appropriate tools that guarantee improved performance.
- Responsible for the Logistics budget.
- Responsible for cost optimization with a OPEX reduction target
- Ensuring that the Logistics team receives the motivation, training and development, coaching and guidance to enable them to keep abreast of latest developments and achieve their maximum contribution.
- Supporting the recruitment of Logistics staff and ensuring that they animate the Code of Conduct.
Academic Background and Professional Knowledge
- Relevant Business Degree, with MBA as an added advantage
- Professional Diploma in Logistics/Supply Chain Management
- Computer literate, with experience of ERP systems
Here are the skills we are looking for
- 5-6 years in a similar position
- First class knowledge in Logistics/Supply chain management coupled with minimum of 3 years’ experience in FMCG/Telecommunications sectors.
- Project Management skills
- Procurement and contracts management
- Demonstrated skill in Vendor management.
- Performance monitoring and reporting.
- In-depth understanding of the business needs (Digital and Technology) to procure accurately.
- Knowledge of procurement requirements related to the telecommunication industry.
- Negotiating and influencing skills.
- Networking and relationship management skills to access best suppliers and vendors.
- Communication and interpersonal skills
How to Apply:
Application should be sent to email@example.com by providing an updated Curriculum Vitae (CV) before 9th November 2020 including details of your current telephone contacts and names of three referees.
Please note, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Telkom Kenya is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to tribe, religion, gender, age or disability.