Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Shining Hope for Communities (SHOFCO) is an internationally-recognized grassroots organization that unlocks the potential of urban slum dwellers to lead hopeful and fulfilling lives. SHOFCO disrupts survival mode by providing critical services including health care, clean water, education, and economic empowerment; and linking these efforts to a community-led advocacy platform. SHOFCO currently impacts over 350,000 individuals across 10 urban slums in Kenya, and is the largest employer in Kibera. SHOFCO is a trusted name and service provider in Kibera with a 10-year track record. For more information, please visit www.shofco.org.
To be responsible for leading, managing and monitoring activities in the safe house in accordance to SHOFCOs standards, GBV prevention/response programming principles and in support of SHOFCO’s vision.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Welcome new residents, show them to their room and give them basic information about the safe house and how to get things they need.
- Maintain Gender sensitivity environment, understand trauma issues and support survivors respectfully without any stereotypes
- Assist residents when they need items such as Medicare attention, baby care items, personal care item etc.
- Maintain strict confidentiality of individuals and their cases in the safe house.
- Screen potential safe house residents.
- Provide a safe, non-judgmental, and empowering environment for the individuals in the safe house.
- Provide access to the safe home to authorised individuals.
- Develop, implement and periodically review the safe house’s residential life procedures.
- Escalate, as necessary, any issues that arise involving the safe houses’ residents and/or their children.
- Monitor the proper functioning of the safe house.
- Assist with facility upkeep.
- Maintain monthly statistical reports and submit statistics accurately and on a timely basis.
- Maintain appropriate client files and track referrals accordingly.
- Notify supervisor of any safety concerns.
- Certificate in Social Work, Community development, Psychology, Counseling or any related field
- Vast experienced person in trauma management and general housekeeping/carer
Other requirements (unique/job specific)
- 2 years’ experience in a similar role
- Examining information
- Adopt practical approaches
- Taking action
- Managing tasks
- Establish rapport
- Understanding people
- Team working
- Upholding standards
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should send their applications together with a detailed Cover letter and CV to the HR Manager firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications without this information will not be considered. DO NOT ATTACH TESTIMONIALS at this point. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applications should reach us no later than 6th November 2020.