Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Shining Hope for Communities (SHOFCO) is an internationally-recognized grassroots organization that unlocks the potential of urban slum dwellers to lead hopeful and fulfilling lives. SHOFCO disrupts survival mode by providing critical services including health care, clean water, education, and economic empowerment; and linking these efforts to a community-led advocacy platform. SHOFCO currently impacts over 350,000 individuals across 10 urban slums in Kenya, and is the largest employer in Kibera. SHOFCO is a trusted name and service provider in Kibera with a 10-year track record. For more information, please visit www.shofco.org.
To be responsible for creating a flexible elementary grade program and a class environment favorable to learning and personal growth; this is aimed at ultimately developing strong, ethical, community centered female leaders of tomorrow.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Teach: Literacy, social studies, mathematics, science, art, health, physical education, and music to students.
- Develop lesson plans and instructional materials.
- Provide individualized and small group instruction in order to adapt the curriculum to the needs of each student.
- Create and use variety of instruction strategies,
- Translate lesson plans into learning experiences.
- Establish and maintain standards of student behavior needed to achieve a functional learning atmosphere in the classroom.
- Evaluate students’ academic and social growth.
- Prepare progress reports and keep records.
- Communicate with parents on students’ progress.
- Interpret the school program.
- Coordinate with other professional staff members in assessing and helping students solve health, attitude, and learning problems.
- Create an effective environment for learning.
- Select and requisition books and instructional aids.
- Maintain required inventory records.
- Supervise students in out-of-classroom activities during the school day.
- Administer group standardized tests in accordance with school and national testing program.
- Participate in curriculum development programs as required.
- P1, Diploma in Education or Degree in Education Primary option
- Must be registered with Teachers Service Commission
Other requirements (unique/job specific)
- This is an Entry level position
- Should have at least 2 years’ experience in teaching middle or upper grade classes
- Articulating information
- Adopting practical approaches
- Providing insights
- Taking action
- Establishing rapport
- Valuing individuals
- Inviting feedback
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should send their applications together with a detailed Cover letter and CV to the HR Manager email@example.com. Applications without this information will not be considered. DO NOT ATTACH TESTIMONIALS at this point. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applications should reach us no later than 6th November 2020.