Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Minimum age: 22 years old. Applicants must be nationals of or legal residents in the country of assignment.
Given the current working arrangements due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the tasks described here-below will have to be undertaken remotely in whichever country the selected candidate is based, until further notice.
Under the direct supervision of Head – Programme Coherence/Assurance Unit the UN Volunteer will undertake the following tasks:
- Monitors project review processes and schedules related to the unit’s outputs; where applicable, assists in the verification of receipt and accuracy of requisite documents, approvals, signatures, etc. to ensure compliance with relevant administrative requirements.
- Maintains calendar/schedules; monitors change and communicates relevant information to appropriate staff inside and outside the immediate work unit.
- Supports a wide range of administrative roles such as recruitment, procurement, contract administration, travel and consultant payments as per UN administrative and financial rules, regulations and guidelines.
- Provides secretarial and administrative support to Project Review Committee (PRC) meetings, conferences.
- Monitors the UNEP-PRC email to ensure PCAU actions on requests within set timelines.
- Responds or drafts responses to routine correspondence and other communications; uses standard word processing package to produce a wide variety of communication documents, memos and reports.
- Support tracking project submissions to PRC Secretariat.
- Performs data entry and extraction functions on Microsoft excel.
- Generates a variety of standard statistical reports, etc., using various databases.
- Maintains files (both paper and electronic) and databases for work unit.
- Tracks email communications.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required degree level:Bachelor degree or equivalent
- Education – Additional Comments: Business Administration, Project Management or related area
- Experience in business administration support or related area is required.
- Experience working on projects and project data management is desirable.
- Proven experience working with Microsoft Word and Excel is desirable.
- Experience working with Enterprise Resource Platform ERP systems e. g umoja is an added advantage.
- Previous experience at the United Nations, UNEP or other international organizations on administration, Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) or environment would be considered an advantage.
- English(Mandatory), Level – Fluent
Area of expertise:Development programme/project administration, Administration and administrative assistance, Other development programme/project experience
Area of expertise details:
Project administration support
Accountability, Client Orientation, Commitment and Motivation, Communication, Integrity, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity, Working in Teams
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool? Please first register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup. Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink. Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool? Please first update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to apply.