Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Background/IRC Summary: The Information Technology department supports the organization’s work by providing reliable and scalable application development and infrastructure for the IRC’s offices in the US and around the world, including many technologically challenging locations.
Job Overview/Summary: The Support Technician will be primarily responsible with providing support for our internal users on the use of their desktops and laptops. Through our ticketing system and the telephone, they will provide users with solutions to questions and issues with their computer hardware and software.
Customer Service and Communication
• Professionally, respectfully and effectively represents IT Team members, and IRC services to the users.
• Keep accurate notes of issues and troubleshooting steps taken within our ticketing system.
• Take ownership of incidents assigned to ensure issue resolution and user satisfaction.
• Adhere to internal audit responsibility policies and procedures and communicate the same to the end-users.
Technical Skills – Level I Help Desk Support
• Provide Tier 1 & 2 help desk support over-the-phone and on-site,
• Configure, deploy, maintain, troubleshoot and support Windows 10 and PCs Macintosh workstations and, laptops, printers, mobile devices, phones and other computer and telecommunications equipment.
• Create and maintain user accounts in AD Manager and O365 (user, computer, security objects).
• Filters HelpDesk calls and provide support and troubleshooting, such as password resets, toner replacement, break/fix, and escalation to higher level support.
• Apply knowledgebase problems and provide assistance to users: problem identification, instruction, and resolution of problems.
• Install anti-virus software and ensure virus definitions are up-to-date.
• Perform post-resolution follow ups with end user and team members as required.
• Evaluate documented resolutions and analyze trends for ways to prevent future problems; alert management to emerging trends in incidents.
• Perform other duties as required.
Administrative Tasks & Record Keeping
• Validate knowledgebase articles and user documentation.
• Assign tickets and monitor/attend to the unassigned queue(s) in ticketing system.
• System administration and maintenance.
• Asset Management
• Close tickets within established service levels.
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Senior Manager Service Desk
Position directly supervises: N/A
Other Internal and/or external contacts:
The technician will work independently and in a team setting is on daily bases. He/she will interact with vendors as needed.
Internal: Team Leads, Technicians, System Engineer, Desktop Engineer, Network Engineers, Knowledgebase Manager
External: Vendors: Phone vendor, Printer Vendor, MAC support, Microsoft Support, and other as needed.
Education: College degree or equivalent certification
• 1-3 years of experience in help desk/desktop support position
• Experience with Active Directory, and O365
• Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal
• A genuine desire to patiently help others solve technical issues
• Knowledge of advanced computer hardware, including desktops, laptops, smartphones, and networking equipment
• Experience with Microsoft and MAC Operating Systems
• Working knowledge of a range of software and hardware diagnostic tools.
• Experience working with service desk best practices.
• Experience with Asset Management
• Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on rapport-building, listening and questioning skills.
• Strong documentation skills.
• Microsoft Visual Studio and ability to design and put the process in place
Certificates or Licenses: A+ Certification, ITIL
Working Environment: The position will work in the Nairobi and is expected to be on-site. Standard office work environment.
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way – Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Equality, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.