Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
DEPARTMENT: Dean of Students
REPORTS TO: Dean of Students
EMPLOYMENT STATUS: Contract
Provide Health services to students when they are at the University. Promote health related habits and ensure compliance with national and local health policies for higher learning institutions.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Detailed JD will be given on appointment)
- Offer medical services to the students and staff of the college.
- Assess patients’ health problems, provide appropriate medical solutions and prepare medical records in accordance with standards of professional practice.
- Refer more serious cases to higher level medical facilities without delay.
- Advice Tangaza on the kind and quality of medicine required from time to time.
- Assist in preparing the budget of the facility and medicine to be approved by the relevant authorities in Tangaza.
- Advice the college on any additional equipment that may be required according to the increasing needs.
- Responsible for good storage and safe keeping of medicine and other medical equipment.
- Responsible for organizing the facility and creating an acceptable environment for good medical services.
- Assist in coordinating health insurance policies for Tangaza students
- Any other duties that may be assigned and required of him/her by the Dean of Students.
ACADEMIC AND PROFESSIONAL REQUIREMENTS
- Diploma in nursing, KRN/ KRCHN.
- 3 years’ experience preferably in an institution of higher learning.
- Registered under the nursing council of Kenya with a valid practicing license.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Demonstrate understanding, knowledge, accountability and responsibility of the legal obligations for nursing practice.
- Empathetic and caring.
- Attention to detail and a critical thinker.
- Proactive especially in cases requiring urgent referral.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Demonstrate and maintain ethical nursing practice.
How to Apply
Applicants should enclose a letter of introduction, curriculum vitae, copies of relevant certification certificate of good conduct and three (3) reference letters from recognized persons/institutions by 13th November 2020, indicating your daytime contacts to:
The Human Resources Manager,
Tangaza University College
P.O. Box 15055-00509
E-mail to email@example.com
Tangaza University College is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin or disability.