Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
DEPARTMENT: Academic and Administration
REPORTS TO: DVC Academic and Student Affairs & DVC Administration and Finance
EMPLOYMENT STATUS: Contract
HOURS OF WORK: The job holder might be required to work beyond normal working hours with no overtime pay.
The Executive Secretary will be expected to provide a high level confidential and professional administrative support to the Deputy Vice Chancellors’ Office. The role will act as a central point of contact and provide all necessary support and assistance for the Deputy Vice Chancellor’s and the efficient running of the Offices.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Detailed JD will be given on appointment)
- To maintain daily schedules and coordination of the Deputy Vice Chancellor’s Office commitments.
- To arrange and coordinate appointments and meetings for the Deputy Vice Chancellor’s
- Provide high level secretarial support to the Deputy Vice Chancellor’s including responsibility for:
- Diary management
- Day to day communications (telephone, email, received correspondence) with internal and external stakeholders.
- Draft correspondence
- Proofing Deputy Vice-Chancellor’s reports and documents
- Undertake general research and documentation of material at the request of the DVC’s and prepare written reports and data tables as required
- Support the University in preparation of reports for the University Trustees and committees of the University council as required by the Supervisors
- Ensure follow up with the relevant Officers on implementation of action points from the governance organs and University Management meetings
- To act as secretary to the Executive and DVC committee meetings (internal and external) working with the Chair to proactively provide timely agenda and minutes and appropriate follow up.
- Establish and monitor follow up / actions required from the Office of the Deputy Vice Chancellor’s to respond to various university boards, as well as their sub committees to ensure deadlines are met.
- Assist in the implementation of the university strategic plan
- To make all logistical arrangements including travel, for the Deputy Vice Chancellor’s
- To manage accurately and efficiently to all enquiries from the Deputy Vice Chancellor’s and those who report to them.
- To deal with sometimes distressing situations on behalf of the Deputy Vice Chancellor’s and Student Experience, as first point of contact.
- To appropriately execute any other duties as directed by the Deputy Vice Chancellor’s, or other senior university
ACADEMIC AND PROFESSIONAL REQUIREMENTS
- An earned Master’s Degree in Business Administration or any other related field
- A minimum working experience of 3 years working with top management staff
- Must be highly proficient with multiple Microsoft office systems and other related Software
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Excellent communicator, a good listener and dedicated to detail.
- A wide exposure, broad knowledge and up to date with current University affairs.
- Able to work perfectly under strict deadlines and pressure.
- Able to take up emergency assignments and perform them effectively.
- Upholds sound work ethics and is highly disciplined.
- Cultural awareness and sensitivity.
- Possessing tenacious attitude, friendly, honest, trustworthy, respectful and flexible.
- Able to work with minimal supervision, independently or as part of a team.
How to Apply
Applicants should enclose a letter of introduction, curriculum vitae, copies of relevant certification certificate of good conduct and three (3) reference letters from recognized persons/institutions by 13th November 2020, indicating your daytime contacts to:
The Human Resources Manager,
Tangaza University College
P.O. Box 15055-00509
E-mail to email@example.com
Tangaza University College is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin or disability.