Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Tangaza University College is moving towards becoming a full university. As befits an institution of higher learning, we are committed to academic excellence and the personal transformation of our students, both lay and religious. The following vacancy have arisen within the University College and requires to be filled:
REPORTS TO: Administration Officer
EMPLOYMENT STATUS: Contract
As the Plumber, your main responsibility is to maintain all the plumbing works thereby promoting good sanitation.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Detailed JD will be given on appointment)
- Ensures that all plumbing equipment’s are well maintained.
- Liaises with the college Store Keeper on items and equipment’s required.
- Installs and repairs all items and equipment’s related to plumbing.
- Installs and maintains all piping systems within the college.
- Ensures that all sanitation systems are properly functioning.
- Reports any breakages/ damages to the Administration Officer for repair.
- Performs any other duties as may be required of him/her.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Professional certificate in a relevant field and 3 years’ experience or
- Diploma and 2 years’ experience.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Be familiar with the required Health & Safety standards governing the plumbing role
- Experience in bore hole pumps
- Strong knowledge in all aspects of plumbing repairs, maintenance and improvements and excellent problem – solving skills needed to complete jobs and tasks in a timely manner.
- Thorough knowledge in plumbing fixtures and systems to support the renovations, repair and maintenance of premises mechanical installations.
- Excellent customer service skills, professional presentation and appearance;
- Ability and confidence to accurately estimate labour and material costs to estimate jobs for repair and maintenance works;
How to Apply
Applicants should enclose a letter of introduction, curriculum vitae, copies of relevant certification certificate of good conduct and three (3) reference letters from recognized persons/institutions by 13th November 2020, indicating your daytime contacts to:
The Human Resources Manager,
Tangaza University College
P.O. Box 15055-00509
E-mail to email@example.com
Tangaza University College is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin or disability.