Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
REPLACEMENT OF THE POSITION OF THE CHIEF LEGAL OFFICER AND CORPORATION SECRETARY & DISABILITY SERVICES OFFICER (Lamu)
The National Council for Persons with Disabilities (NCPWD) is a State Corporation established in November 2004 by an Act of Parliament (Persons with Disabilities Act 2003) with the mandate to formulate and implement policies that are geared towards mainstreaming Persons with Disabilities to the National economy. To achieve this mandate, the Secretariat seeks to fill the position of the CHIEF LEGAL OFFICER & CORPORATION SECRETARY and DISABILITY SERVICES OFFICER (For Lamu County)
CHIEF LEGAL OFFICER AND CORPORATION SECRETARY- NCPD JG
The Corporation Secretary and Legal Officers are responsible for providing Board Secretariat, legal services and advice to the Council. The Department shall also be responsible for ensuring compliance with the legal and regulatory legislations, provision of legal advice to the Council and Persons with Disabilities. The Department shall also be responsible for the effective and efficient management of Board services including compliance with Mwongozo and performance contract administration.
Duties and Responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities of the officer will entail: –
- Advise the Council on all legal matters;
- Develop, implement and review legal policies and procedures to ensure compliance;
- Draw and vet of Contracts, agreements and other legal documents;
- Ensure proper preparation of legal reports and opinions;
- Coordinate and liaise with external lawyers on all legal matters to ensure that the Council’s interests are taken care of;
- Undertake legal research; and
- Monitor compliance with regulatory and legislative requirements.
- Custodian of the Council seal and be accountable to its use;
- Facilitate Governance Audit;
- Prepare the Board Calendar;
- Initiating the development of the Board Manual and Charter; and
- Overseeing implementation of Mwongozo; and
- Supervise staff in the Legal Services Department
Requirements for Appointment
For an appointment to this grade, an officer must have: –
- Served a minimum of Twelve (12) years and at least three (3) years’ experience in a supervisory role in the Public or Private Sector;
- Bachelor of Laws degree from a recognized university;
- Postgraduate Diploma in Law from the Council of Legal Education;
- Admitted as an advocate of the High Court Kenya;
- Current Practicing Certificate;
- Member to the Law Society of Kenya;
- Certificate in Management Course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution;
- Membership to Institute of Certified Public Secretary of Kenya (ICPSK) or in the process of studying Certified Public Secretaries (CPS);
- Proficiency in computer applications;
- Demonstrated good results in work performance; and
- Fulfilled the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution.
Key Competencies and skills
- Organization and management skills;
- Leadership and managerial skills;
- Drafting skills;
- Report writing skills;
- Negotiation and arbitration skills; and
- Analytical skills.
Basic Salary: 82,146 x3,908- 86,054×3,908– 89,962×3,908 – 93,870×3,908- 97,778×3,908- 101,686×3,908- 105,598×3,906- 109,504
House Allowance: 45,000
Non-Practising Allowance: 30,000
Commuter Allowance: KES 14,000
Medical Allowance: Cover to be provided according to the Council’s Medical Scheme.
How to Apply
Candidates who meet the above requirements are invited to fill in an NCPWD application form enclosing curriculum vitae, academic and professional certificates and a copy of national identity card as well as Chapter 6 clearances to the address below by 17th November 2020 at 5.00 p.m.
Applications should be sent to the following: –
The Ag. Executive Director,
National Council for Persons with Disabilities,
Waiyaki Way – Opp. ABC Place and Next to Kabete Barracks,
P.O Box 66577 – 00800,
NCPWD is an equal opportunity employer thus Persons with disabilities, women and people from marginalized groups (and especially persons from Lamu county for the Disability Services Officer position) with requisite qualifications are encouraged to apply.