Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Internship, Enterprise Risk and Compliance; Nairobi Kenya – Reference: ERC/KE/OPS/10/2020
Founded in 2006, the Alliance for a Green Revolution in Africa (AGRA), is an African-led African-based organization that seeks to catalyze Agriculture Transformation in Africa. AGRA is focused on putting smallholder farmers at the center of the continent’s growing economy by transforming agriculture from a solitary struggle to survive into farming as a business that thrives. As the sector that employs the majority of Africa’s people, nearly all of them small-scale farmers, AGRA recognizes that developing smallholder agriculture into a productive, efficient, and sustainable system is essential to ensuring food security, lifting millions out of poverty, and driving equitable growth across the continent.
AGRA has an Enterprise Risk and Compliance Unit has two broad responsibilities;
- Enable AGRA to have a systematic way of assessing, recording, monitoring, reporting and ultimately managing risks and
- Ensuring implementation of AGRA’s compliance plans that has several subcomponents supported by other teams in AGRA; donor compliance, regulatory compliance, grantee consultancies and partners compliance given AGRA’s corporate strategy and results framework. In addition, engaged in upholding AGRA’s own policies and procedures, and compliance to these standards.
AGRA is seeking an intern to be attached to the Enterprise Risk and Compliance Unit.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
The Enterprise Risk and Compliance (ERC) Intern will work under the guidance of the Senior Advisor, Enterprise Risk and Compliance Unit on the following;
- Support the ERC team in the implementation of the annual risk and compliance plans
- Ensure complete online filling of all AGRA awards donor information
- Update and filling of the institutions the risk registers
- Assist in filling of the Compliance Awards Checklist.
- Assist in quality assurance reviews of donor awards implementation
- Support close out procedures of Donor Awards
- Research on content for to ensure compliance to polices, processes and procedures as needed
- Assist in the preparation of meetings and other events.
Academic, Professional Qualifications and Relevant experience:
- Fourth year or a completed Degree in either Business Administration, International.
- Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, Law or a Social Sciences related field.
- Interest in understanding Compliance and Enterprise Risk Management.
- Interest in International development sector work with a bias to Grants, Contracts, Sub-awards, Finance and Compliance.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- No work experience required but a demonstration of experience in extra-curricular or non-academic activities of value will be an added advantage.
- Ability to take initiative, “roll-up one’s sleeves” and flexible, adaptable, and able to execute a range of job duties and changing priorities.
Terms of Employment
This is an internship position based in Nairobi, Kenya with Virtual working expectation. The initial contract will be for a period of three (3) months and the successful candidate shall receive a monthly stipend during this period.
If you believe you are the right candidate for this position, kindly submit your application with a detailed CV (including your e-mail and telephone contacts) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote the job reference number in the subject line of the application e-mail.
To be considered, applications must be received by 12th November 2020.
For more information on AGRA, applicants can visit www.agra.org
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
AGRA is an Equal Opportunity Employer