Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Corporation Secretary and Director, Legal Services
Grade: KNC 3/E1
Gross pay Ksh. 260,336.00 –331,937.00
Non-Practicing Allowance -30,000
Leave allowance –30% Basic Salary
Medical Allowance –As per the scheme rules
Group Life & Accident Cover -As per the scheme rules
Contract (4 years renewable) with service gratuity
Purpose of the Job
The Corporation Secretary and Director Legal Services shall be the secretary to the Board in the provision of Board’s Secretariat services and Legal services to the Commission
The Office of the Corporation Secretary and Director Legal Services is responsible for following functions:
- Provide guidance to the Board on their duties and responsibilities and on matters of governance;
- Assist the Board in carrying out; Board induction and training, Updating the Board and Committee charters, Preparation of Board work plans, Board evaluation, Governance audit, Implementation of the code of conduct and Ethics;
- Ensure the timely preparation and circulation of Board and Committee papers;
- Ensure the timely circulation of Board and Committee minutes;
- Maintain and update the register of conflicts of interest;
- Ensure that Board members are aware of all relevant laws affecting the Commission;
- Facilitate effective communication between the Commission and the stakeholders;
- Ensure that annual returns are promptly filed with the relevant authorities.
- Coordinate litigations for the Board;
- Provide guidance on governance and adherence to statutory obligations;
- Prepare all contracts;
- Custodian of all contracts;
- Advise on the fixing of common seal;
- Provide legal guidance on contractual and statutory obligations binding to the Commission and legal duties for the Board;
- Custodian of Board’s asset register;
- Facilitate ratification of UNESCO conventions; and
- Any other duties as may be assigned.
Academic & Professional Qualifications
- Master’s Degree in Law or equivalent Degree from any other relevant field;
- Bachelor of Law Degree from a recognized institution;
- Certified Public Secretary (CPSK) or its equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Postgraduate Diploma in Law from the Kenya School of Law;
- Admitted as an advocate of the High Court of Kenya;
- Holds a valid practicing certificate;
- Member of the Law Society of Kenya;
- Management course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution;and
- Proficient in computer applications.
How to apply
1. Download the KNATCOM.-1A-FORM-REVISED-2020 form
2. Complete the form and sign (Do not attach any documents)
3. Send a hard copy to:
The Secretary General/CEO
Kenya National Commission for UNESCO
P. O. Box 72107-00200
National Bank Building, 16th Floor
4. Submit the ONLINE Application (Do not attach any documents)
All applications should be received on or before 25th November 2020.
Note: Those who had applied earlier are encouraged to apply again. Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.