Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Director, Communication and Information Programme
Grade: KNC 3/E1
Reports to: Deputy Secretary General, Programmes
Gross pay Ksh. 260,336.00 –331,937.00
Leave allowance –30% Basic Salary
Medical Allowance –As per the scheme rules
Group Life & Accident Cover -As per the scheme rules
Contract (4 years renewable) with service gratuity
Purpose of the job
This cadre is responsible for coordination and promotion of Freedom of Expression, Media Development and Access to Information and Knowledge in line with UNESCO recommendation and to provide secretariat services to Communication and Information Programme and Experts Committee.
Functions of the Communication and Information Programme
The Communication and Information Programme functions entail:
- Promote involvement in UNESCO activities in line with the relevant ministries, departments, agencies, organizations and individuals dealing in Communication and Information;
- Ensure implementation of UNESCO Communication and Information activities and budgeted programmes;
- Promote linkages between UNESCO and Government ministries, Departments, Counties and State Agencies, UNESCO Agencies, Civil Society, and the private sector concerned with Communication and Information;
- Coordinate participation in international meetings on Communication and Information;
- Promote dissemination of information on UNESCO prizes and awards to potential candidates and ensure their participation;
- Promote dissemination of information on UNESCO fellowships and study grants to potential applicants and facilitate their participation;
- Coordinate ratification of UNESCO Communication and Information related conventions and protocols;
- Coordinate capacity building in Communication and Information;
- Initiate research and collaboration with other partners and across the programme;
- Formulate Communication and Information programmes and activities; and
- Provide expert advisory service in Communication and Information.
Academic & Professional Qualifications
- Master’s degree in Communication, Arts, Social Sciences, Journalism or Communication and Information Technology from a recognized institution.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communication, Arts, Social Sciences or Communication & Information Technology from a recognized and accredited institution.
- Management course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution;and
- Proficient in computer applications.
How to apply
1. Download the KNATCOM.-1A-FORM-REVISED-2020 form
2. Complete the form and sign (Do not attach any documents)
3. Send a hard copy to:
The Secretary General/CEO
Kenya National Commission for UNESCO
P. O. Box 72107-00200
National Bank Building, 16th Floor
4. Submit the ONLINE Application (Do not attach any documents)
All applications should be received on or before 25th November 2020.
Note: Those who had applied earlier are encouraged to apply again. Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.