Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Director, Culture Programme
Grade: KNC 3/E1
Place to Work: KNATCOM Headquarter, Nairobi
Reports To: Deputy Secretary General, Technical Programmes
Gross pay Ksh. 260,336.00 –331,937.00
Leave allowance –30% Basic Salary
Medical Allowance –As per the scheme rules
Group Life & Accident Cover -As per the scheme rules
Contract (4 years renewable) with service gratuity
Purpose of the Job
The Director, Culture Programme is responsible for coordination of protection, safeguarding, preservation and conservation of heritage and creativity in line with UNESCO recommendations and to provide secretariat services to Culture Programme and Expert Committee.
Functions of the Culture Programme
The Culture Programme Officers are responsible for the following functions:
- Promote involvement of relevant line Ministry, departments, agencies, organizations and individuals dealing in UNESCO Culture programme activities;
- Coordinate implementation of Culture programme activities and budgeted programmes;
- Coordinate and participate in national, regional and international Culture programme meetings;
- Coordinate dissemination of information on UNESCO Culture programme prizes and awards to potential candidates;
- Coordinate dissemination of information on UNESCO Culture programme fellowships and study grants to potential applicants;
- Coordinate ratification of UNESCO Culture programme related conventions and protocols;
- Coordinate Culture programme capacity building activities;
- Formulate Culture programmes and activities;
- Coordinate development of Culture programme expert advisory opinion;
- Coordinate activities of the Culture programme, programme and experts committee; and
- Coordinate activities of UNESCO Culture programme related national committees.
Academic & Professional Qualifications
- Master’s of Arts degree in Anthropology, Cultural Studies, Heritage Studies, Arts, Sociology or related fields from a recognized University;
- Bachelor’s of Arts degree in Anthropology, Cultural Studies, Heritage Studies, Arts, Sociology or related fields from a recognized University;
- Management course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution;
- Proficient in computer applications.
How to apply
1. Download the KNATCOM.-1A-FORM-REVISED-2020 form
2. Complete the form and sign (Do not attach any documents)
3. Send a hard copy to:
The Secretary General/CEO
Kenya National Commission for UNESCO
P. O. Box 72107-00200
National Bank Building, 16th Floor
4. Submit the ONLINE Application (Do not attach any documents)
All applications should be received on or before 25th November 2020.
Note: Those who had applied earlier are encouraged to apply again. Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.