Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Director, Research & Consultancy
Grade: KNC 3/E1
Place of Work: KNATCOM Headquarter, Nairobi
Reports to: Deputy Secretary General, Research & Resource Mobilization.
Gross pay Ksh. 260,336.00 –331,937.00
Leave allowance –30% Basic Salary
Medical Allowance –As per the scheme rules
Group Life & Accident Cover -As per the scheme rules
Terms: Contract (4 years renewable) with service gratuity
Purpose of the Job
Director, Research & Consultancy is responsible for development and implementation of research and consultancy policies, strategies and plans.
Functions of the Research & Consultancy
The Office of the Director, Research & Consultancy will be responsible for the following functions
- coordinate formulation and review of the Commission’s research strategy;
- establish key priority areas for research within a given financial year in liaison with various departments in order to provide orderly and timely organization of research in the organisation;
- ensure quality research is conducted by or with the Commission in line with UNESCO’s functions of being a clearing house and a laboratory of ideas, to influence policy development in Kenya;
- coordinate generation of information and innovations on the UNESCO areas of competence;
- ensure timeliness of research projects, budgetary compliance and the reporting thereof;
- coordinate the formulation of research proposals for the identified research priority areas in liaison with Programmes Directorate;
- provide technical support to departments in development of research proposals for both internal actors and external partners;
- disseminate both national and international UNESCO research findings to the relevant stakeholders for critique, uptake and implementation of the recommendations;
- develop research reports, policy briefs and presentations on research for knowledge management;
- develop publications on different topical areas relevant to the organizational contributions to the body of knowledge in liaison with the Programmes Directorate;
- bid for research consultancy services;
Academic & Professional Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree Education, Natural Sciences, Environmental sciences,Social Sciences, Development Studies, Statistics, Humanities, Cultural studies, Anthropology Communication, Journalism or any related field from a recognized University;
- Master’s Degree in Education, Natural Sciences, Environmental sciences,Social Sciences, Development Studies, Statistics, Humanities, Cultural studies, Anthropology Communication, or Journalism or any related field from a recognized University;
- Management course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution;
- Proficient in computer applications.
- proficiency in Statistical Applications and qualitative and quantitative data analysis;
- demonstrated working knowledge/experience of research and consultancy in a reputable organization; and
- fulfil the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution.
How to apply
1. Download the KNATCOM.-1A-FORM-REVISED-2020 form
2. Complete the form and sign (Do not attach any documents)
3. Send a hard copy to:
The Secretary General/CEO
Kenya National Commission for UNESCO
P. O. Box 72107-00200
National Bank Building, 16th Floor
4. Submit the ONLINE Application (Do not attach any documents)
All applications should be received on or before 25th November 2020.
Note: Those who had applied earlier are encouraged to apply again. Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.