Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
As the world’s cities grow more complex, people’s need to move easily becomes even more important. Enabling urban flow requires talent and ambition. Together at KONE, we create the new urban reality. Your career is a journey, and how you travel makes a difference.
It’s time to make a move. Join our flow.
KONE is looking for an energetic and enthusiastic Sourcing Manager to be based in our Nairobi, Kenya office. The Sourcing Manager will have an integral part to play at KONE East Africa. The successful candidate will plan, manage and control the sourcing activities for KONE East Africa and conduct sourcing category management through detailed plans and will be the point of contact for suppliers assigned to their portfolio.
A Sourcing Manager focusses on creating customer trust, value and loyalty and hence we are looking for somebody with a proven track record of being someone with the ability to drive success and work as part of a team. We need someone who has the ability to influence, is result driven and has a strong commercial acumen. You will lead sourcing function and foster a spirit of teamwork and unity among internal customers and the appreciation of diversity as well as cohesiveness, support, and working effectively together.
This is a unique opportunity to join a large multi-national company who is a leader in the elevator and escalator field. If you feel you have what it takes, meet the criteria and feel that you can add significant value to this role and business unit then apply for this exciting opportunity! Please keep in mind the last day to submit applications will be 13/11/2020.
Are you the one?
- University Degree, ideally Engineering with a specialization in Sourcing;
- 5-10 years of experience in sourcing, supply chain management or relevant technical sector;
- Overall support to the KONE supply chain management through thorough market analysis;
- Identification of local sourcing opportunities and mitigation of risk;
- Identify and manage local material and service providers according to sourcing categories and plans;
- To lead negotiations with local suppliers with a good understanding local supplier base;
- To thoroughly execute local and regional supplier agreements;
- Ownership of nominated contracts and audits on supplier quality;
- Maintain contract validity and manage re-negotiation as needed and in alignment with category and sourcing strategy and ensure contract and pricing information in systems is up-to-date;
- Arrange and conduct regular steering or review meetings with suppliers and drive resolution of suppliers challenges;
- Continually manage supplier saving actions to reduce cost;
- Ensure that KONE supplier segmentation specific processes are implemented to suppliers;
- Conduct quality audits, scorecard and risk management solutions on suppliers.
What we offer:
- Great dynamic team promoting a collaborative environment;
- Total reward elements that engage and motivate our employees and help us make KONE a great place to work;
- Comprehensive learning and development programs covering a wide range of professional skills;
- Engaging job with position description and clear targets;
- Regular feedback through performance discussions;
- Opportunities for individual development;
- Mentoring and coaching programs;
- Flexibility, trust and respect;
- Value-based culture, behaviors and ethics;
- Sustainability and innovation;
- Working for a successful organization.
Last day to submit applications will be 13/11/2020.
At KONE, we are focused on creating an innovative and collaborative working culture where we value the contribution of each individual. Employee engagement is a key focus area for us and we encourage participation and the sharing of information and ideas. Sustainability is an integral part of our culture and the daily practice. We follow ethical business practices and we seek to develop a culture of working together where co-workers trust and respect each other and good performance is recognized. In being a great place to work, we are proud to offer a range of experiences and opportunities that will help you to achieve your career and personal goals and enable you to live a healthy and balanced life.