Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Do you want your work to matter? Do you want to use your skills to make a difference, not just a living? Do you want to improve millions of lives, including your own?
Living Goods works to reinvent how we improve the lives of the under-served. We think big, relentlessly innovate to ensure both impact & health system strengthening. At Living Goods, you will have the opportunity to apply your ideas and creativity at work every day. If you work well in a dynamic collaborative environment, set high standards, and meet challenges with determination and a sense of humour, you’ll thrive here at Living Goods.
The Global Manager Financial Planning and Analysis provides support to the Director Global Financial Operations with budgeting, forecasting, long-term planning, implementation, and financial grant management.
Roles and Responsibilities
Organizational Financial Reporting, budgeting and analysis
- Generate monthly, quarterly and annual management reports and support the analysis of reports in collaboration with the Director of FP&A and other functional leads
- Prepare, maintain, update, and reconcile the budget within the accounting system to ensure that accurate budgets and forecasts are preserved and reported
- Investigate exceptions on all reports and facilitate corrective actions
- Assist with managing project financials and communicate budget vs actuals to project managers to determine if there are re-forecasting needs
- Collaborate with various departments and countries to review, streamline, enhance financial reporting tools that will provide accurate and timely data that can be used for making organisational decisions.
- Support the organizational budgeting and forecasting process
- Ensure accuracy of budgets and rolling forecasts submitted by each country and Global department
- Conduct cost analysis on key operations to inform cost modeling for investment and operational decisions
- Support the country teams in preparing and analysis ad hoc reports
Grant Financial Management
- Provide support to the Director FP&A and other Grant managers to assesses the cost investment viability of an opportunities, proposal budgeting, donor reporting, donor queries etc.
- Provide oversight over all grant financial reports prior to submission to donors
- Develop proposal budgets and budget narratives in collaboration with the BD and Grant management staff, including revisions and extensions.
- Post-award work with program and global and country finance teams to facilitate the process of onboarding new projects to ensure internal controls and donor compliance systems are established and followed.
- Lead in financial accountability and reporting for grants in a timely manner to ensure compliance to LG’s policies and donor regulations.
- Oversee Cash management of all grants and contracts including the preparation of requests for funds from donor and grant agencies.
Support donor related audits
- Participate in the design and implementation of internal controls, policies and procedures to ensure compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Lead Direct and Matrix reports in management and oversight of all financial planning analysis and reporting functions.
Skills and Competencies
- Experience in a complex International NGO with a budget of $30-100mil annual budget.
- In-depth knowledge of nonprofit accounting (fund accounting principles), including sophisticated fund and grant accounting, compliance and reporting.
- Broad experience with multiple funding sources, including the US government, other country governments, other bi-and multilateral donors and corporates and foundations.
- Experience with the rules and regulations of multilateral donors.
- Evidence of partnering with executive staff, resulting in the development and implementation of creative financial management strategies.
- Experience streamlining, refining and automating financial processes, including the development of user-friendly tools and training programs, and deploying suitable technology.
- Track record of working with technology leadership to manage critical financial management and reporting systems.
- Mission-driven, articulate professional with substantial finance and administrative management experience
- Keen analytical, organization and problem-solving skills which support and enable sound decision-making.
- Proven strength in building and sustaining supportive relationships and persuasively communicating institutional goals and needs
- Experience working in or with Africa.
- Strong human resource management experience; ability to supervise, mentor and engage staff members and inspire credibility, confidence and build consensus.
- Technology savvy and specific knowledge of accounting and reporting software.
- Demonstrated capacity to think strategically with expertise in complex problem solving, decision making and critical thinking skills, displays good judgment.
- Advanced Excel skills.
- Master’s degree in Finance and Accounting or related field with at least 10 years working experience.
- CPA, CA, ACCA or equivalent preferred.
A competitive salary and benefits package commensurate with experience including health insurance and annual performance bonus pay opportunity. This is an opportunity to be your best while making lives better for those in need.
Living Goods is an equal opportunity employer and will consider every qualified applicant for employment. Living Goods does not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, national origin, ancestry, religion, gender, sexual orientation or disability.
Our current job openings are displayed on our website, where you can search for open positions and apply directly. Living Goods does not offer any positions without an interview and never asks candidates for money. If you are asked for money, we strongly recommend that you do not respond and do not send money or personal information.