Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Pick a point on a globe, and Maersk won’t be far away. With 90% of global trade carried by sea, there is a fairly high chance that the shoes on your feet or the phone in your pocket travelled to you on a Maersk vessel. Would you like to impact the daily lives of people in every corner of the world? Then keep reading.
The role of Lead Logistics Product Manager for East Africa is responsible for development of Supply Chain Product families in the high-growth geography of East Africa that are ahead of the curve. You would be responsible for developing innovative solutions, be a part of the commercial process and contribute towards profitable growth of our products.
Working with the best people in a global team culture with future growth opportunities in an industry that has a significant impact on the world economy, We offer you an exciting global career at the forefront of world trade.
Join us if you wish to:
• Give purpose to your career through a role that will require you to have signifianct independence and ownership to drive real business results through innovative solutions
• Have a direct impact over product development and strategy
• Have an opportunity to cooperate and partner with a wide range of internal stakeholders across functions, including very senior ones, as well as clients
• Expose yourself to very exciting growth opportunities
• Leave your comfort zone to be a part of creating game-changing supply chain & logistics solutions
• Responsible for all supply chain (SCM/4PL) product development activities including core products, add-ons/configurables and customizations
• You will act as a leader to assess product requirements & competitiveness ambitions leading up to the development & execution of product & business development roadmaps
• Constantly act as the SME leveraging your knowledge across customers, reach out to teams and facilitate engagements where required
• Ensures all standard services and solutions are effectively packaged and rolled out (including associated training programs) to facilitate effective marketing, selling, implementation and execution
• Support key sales pursuits primarily through leverage of existing capabilities but also through product innovation or customisation, where strategically required, to ensure differentiation and value creation to our existing and potential customers
• Lead or participate in customer or product specific development projects delivering new services or optimised operating platforms
• Supports the area team with upskilling & capability building in order continuously to improve our service offering to our customers
• Creates a centre of excellence in SCM costing and pricing management across Africa to provide timely and accurate responses to support the commercial pursuits.
• Drives SCM GP optimization for Africa including tracking the revenue and cost drivers and initiating improvement initiatives including but not limited to revenue/cost leakages, charge revisions, etc.
• Drives critical L&S projects for East Africa such as CFS establishments, customer go-lives, etc.
We are looking for
Who we are looking for
We would like to hear from you if you can demonstrate the following:
• Master’s level education in Business or other relevant discipline
• 5+ yrs’ relevant work experience with proven track record across operations & commercials with focus on driving results through others (preferably Maersk SCM)
• Experience of working with wide variety of complex operational and commercial challenges
• Ability to work in a matrix organization and influence decision making
• Ability to interface with senior leadership stakeholders within & outside the organization
• Ambition and drive to excel together with others.
• Alignment with our values
• An international mind-set and inclusive behaviour.
• International mobility and willingness to travel.
• An excellent command of spoken and written English.
• Assertive/decisive and pro-active
• High sense of urgency & persistence
• Confidence in dealing with people and building lasting relationships/networks
• Ability to problem solve & recommend appropriate course of action analytically & structurally
• Ability to manage stakeholders at various levels within & outside the organization
• Customer centricity
• Preferably Maersk SCM operational/commercial structure & functionality
• Outstanding verbal, written & presentation skills
• Project Management & Training skills
Click Here to Apply
As a performance-oriented company, we strive to always recruit the best person for the job – regardless of gender, age, nationality, sexual orientation or religious beliefs. We are proud of our diversity and see it as a genuine source of strength for building high performing teams.