Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
SNV is a not-for-profit international development organization that applies practical know-how to make a lasting difference in the lives of people living in poverty. We use our extensive and long-term in-country presence to apply and adapt our top-notch expertise in agriculture, energy and WASH to local contexts. SNV has an annual turnover of €130 million, over 1,250 staff in more than 25 countries in Asia, Africa and Latin America. We are proud to be a not-for-profit organization that uses project financing to implement our mission. This requires us to work efficiently and to invest in operational excellence.
In its new Strategic Plan period (2019 – 2022), SNV will more explicitly aim for systems change during project preparation and implementation – by strengthening institutions and kick-starting markets that help many more to escape poverty beyond our projects. We will continue to position ourselves as a premium organization, with decentralized management.
For more information on our operations in Kenya and SNV generally visit our website: www.snv.org
About REALMS Project
The proposed Regenerative Agricultural practices for improved Livelihoods and Markets (REALMS) project aims to improve the livelihoods of smallholder farmers in Western Kenya and Western Rwanda through creating conditions for the adoption of regenerative agricultural practices. Both project areas are characterized by high population growth and increased demand for food, increasingly degraded lands, fragile landscapes and weakened livelihoods. By creating the appropriate conditions for the adoption by smallholders of regenerative agricultural practices the REALMS project will tackle these challenges.
SNV Kenya is seeking a professional with experience and expertise in agribusiness development.
The position holder will be responsible for formulation and implementation of business models, providing business development support and the capacity building of farmers and agro-enterprises with the goal of improving inclusiveness and competitiveness of targeted value chains. S/he will facilitate access to markets and develop strong partnerships with financial institutions and relevant service providers to ensure the success of the target farmers and agro-enterprises. S/he will support farmer-led enterprises and their groups to improve business planning and in entrepreneurial skills. The function holder reports to the REALMS Project Manager and will utilize Local Service Providers to assist with service delivery and the growth and expansion of marketed products of farmers and agribusinesses that are involved in regenerative agricultural production.
- Provide primary technical direction to the REALMS project business components that aim to incentivize the uptake of regenerative and circular agricultural production.
- Lead market research and value chain analysis to guide develop business strategies and identify opportunities for investments in targeted value chains and markets.
- Provide technical support to farmer-led enterprises in terms of leveraging their capacities to become business enterprises by providing business advisory services and identifying possible directions and tools to strengthen the enterprises and support relevant market players.
- Provide advice on business planning, financial management, governance and day-to-day management of agro-enterprises.
- Build capacity of farmers through training, coaching and mentorship other extension providers, ensuring the integration of best production and post-harvest practices for enhancing value of their products.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with SNV staff, national and local authorities, international and national organizations as well as technical focal points in agriculture.
- Coordinate all planned activities with the Agronomist, Policy and Advocacy advisor and M&E expert, and donors and other development agencies to ensure consistency with sector priorities.
- Support formulation of appropriate policies that create and enabling environment for adoption of regenerative and circular agriculture.
- Bachelor’s degree in Agricultural Economics, Agribusiness Management, Rural Development or related field from a recognized University; A Master’s degree preferred.
- At least 5 years of experience working on international development programs to improve production and incomes through agribusiness model
- Demonstrated experience of successfully linking farmers and agribusinesses to markets
- Demonstrated experience in building the capacity of farmers, and businesses.
- Familiarity with inclusive business models and application to resource constrained small holder farmers.
- Must possess a strong understanding of group development processes and facilitation skills, including developing and delivering training and group consensus building.
- Familiarity with results chains and monitoring and evaluation frameworks.
- Proficiency in English is required.
Contract duration – 2 Years
Location – Eldoret, Kenya
Application deadline: 06 November, 2020
How to apply
Interested and qualified candidates should apply by clicking on the “I AM INTERESTED” tab on this page and submitting the below;
- CV in English (as an attachment).
- Application letter in English
The above should be submitted on or before 06 November 2020
NB: Only shortlisted will be contacted.
We do not appreciate third-party mediation based on this advertisement.
SNV Kenya does not require you to undergo any medical test prior to employment