Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
SENIOR LEGAL OFFICER – WRA GRADE 5 – ONE(1) POSITION
The Senior Legal Officer will report to the Principal Legal Officer
Duties and Responsibilities
- Attending Court and Tribunals for litigation cases on behalf of the Authority;
- Drafting of legal opinions and other relevant legal documents for the Authority;
- Assist in the development and implementation of the Authority’s risk management & compliance policies/guidelines;
- Monitoring and ensuring compliance with the WRA regulatory and operational framework;
- Designing and advising on implementation of contracts; and
- Attending negotiations and, conventions on legal issues and advising on such emerging issues.
- At least three (3) years relevant work experience in Public Service or Private Sector;
- Bachelor of Laws degree from a recognized institution;
- Master’s degree in Law, Business Administration, Public Administration, or equivalent qualifications from a recognized Institution will be an added advantage;
(iv) Post Graduate Diploma in Law from the Kenya School of Law or any other recognized qualification;
- Member of the Law Society of Kenya;
- Registration as an Advocate of the High Court of Kenya;
- Current Law Practicing Certificate; and
- Proficiency in computer applications.
Competencies and skills
- Interpersonal skills;
- Communication Skills;
- Negotiation skills;
- Knowledge of legal drafting, research and legislation;
- Possession of good understanding of Constitutional Laws, Environmental and Water Laws and their operation in Kenya;
- Must demonstrate complete understanding of public service values set under Article 232 of the Constitution of Kenya 2010;
- Must have knowledge of applicable statutes;
- Must have record on development of comprehensive contract documents that mitigate risks and penalties; and
- Demonstrate knowledge of and experience with laws dealing with government and or commercial contract administration, negotiations, preparation and execution.
In addition to the above qualifications ALL candidates MUST fulfill the requirements of Chapter 6 of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010 which include:-
- Certificate of good conduct from the Director of Criminal Investigations;
- Clearance from the Director of Public Prosecutions;
- Clearance from Higher Education Loans Board;
- Clearance from Kenya Revenue Authority;
- Clearance from the Credit Reference Bureau; and
(vi) Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission
Terms of Service and Remuneration
- Candidates on WRA Grade 4 shall be appointed on a contract of three (3) years renewable subject to performance.
- Candidates on WRA Grade 5 shall serve on probation for a minimum period of six (6) months and later be translated to permanent and pensionable terms based on performance.
Candidates who meet the above requirements should submit their applications to reach the address below on or before Friday 20th November, 2020. Online applications can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications should include Curriculum Vitae that includes details of day time contact numbers, current and expected salary, notice period required to take up appointment, names and contacts of at least three (3) referees. Applicants must also attach copies of certificates/testimonials as well as copy of National Identity Card.
- WRA is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and gender equality. Persons living with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
- Applications without relevant qualifications, copies of documents requested for will not be considered
- Any form of canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification
- Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted
Applications should be addressed to The Chief Executive Officer Water Resources Authority NHIF Building, 9th Floor Wing B, Ragati Road P. O. Box 45250-00100, NAIROBI