Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The Karen Hospital is a 102 bed multispecialty Hospital in Kenya located in Karen along Karen –Langata Road.
We offer patient focused, world class medical treatment and accord the highest standards of medical care to all our patients.
With our State of the art amenities, equipment and our well trained staff, we are committed to delivering the most effective and most compassionate care to all our patients.
Since inception in 2006, The Karen Hospital has been acclaimed for excellence in clinical care in Africa and beyond.
Karen Hospital proud to be ISO 9001:2015 certified for compliance with Quality Management Systems and is committed to continuous improvement in service delivery.
We are seeking to recruit a highly motivated visionary and results oriented candidate to fill in the below positions:
Laboratory Manager – Main Hospital
Overall Purpose: Responsible for ensuring delivery of day-to-day quality and efficient laboratory services as per the Hospitals standards.
He/She will i manage overall laboratory operations; developing procedures to ensure safety, security, quality, and accuracy of results; designing and performing test procedures; analyzing requests for tests and equipment.
- Develop and translate Laboratory policies and procedures into daily operations.
- Align departmental objectives to the Hospital Strategic Plan and engage staff towards achieving the objectives.
- Develop the sections budget in liaison with the Director of Medical Services for approval by management.
- Initiate procurement of Laboratory equipment and supplies, develop, monitor and maintain an inventory of the same.
- Ensure operations conform to Quality Management requirements and engage activities for continuous quality improvement. Lead the Quality Assurance function, maintaining the highest standards on a day to day basis, ensuring ISO compliance is achieved.
- Monitor departments operations & performance and prepare reports for management.
- Participate in education and training of staff through Continuous Medical Education programs.
- People Management – In charge of medical laboratory staff including, recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees
- Ensures that all the Main Laboratory and the Satellite Laboratories comply with KMLTTB Board requirements for the registration and annual renewal licenses
- Reviews Quality Control, Maintenance, and Equipment records for all Hospital sections of the laboratory, as well as satellites laboratories as per the requirements.
- Degree in Medical Laboratory Science
- Must be registered with Kenya Medical Laboratory Technicians and Technologist Board (KMLTTB) and have a valid practicing license
- 8 years progressive work experience 3 years of which must have been in a senior Laboratory supervisory role with excellent technical knowledge in atleast 3 of the following areas haematology, chemistry, histology and micro-biology.
- Training/certification in ISO/Quality Management process
- Must be self-motivated, energetic, able to solve problems and work in a diverse laboratory environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to effectively communicate with clients.
- Demonstrated leadership and a history of excellent attendance with the ability to work independently.
- Excellent organizational, computer and record-keeping skills.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are requested to visit our website and apply online at https://www.karenhospital.org/about-us/
OR you can send your CV to us via email to: email@example.com
Deadline for submission is 9th November 2020