Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
Closing Date: 8th November 2020
The Internship Programme is a learning opportunity aimed at attracting young and talented candidates/students across the globe. The programme will provide selected candidates/students with the opportunity to supplement their academic knowledge with a practical work assignment in a field related to the work of WFP. This will promote better understanding of WFP Somalia’s mandate and programmes. Similarly, the programme will provide WFP with qualified individuals specializing in relevant fields in line with WFP’s Strategic Objectives and the UN Sustainable Development Goals.
WFP Somalia’s activities include food assistance for relief, school feeding, safety nets, nutrition and food assistance for assets creation through provision of in-kind and cash-based transfers. You will be part of a dynamic team that effectively identifies, monitors, evaluates, and manages the organization’s strategic, operational, fiduciary and financial risks in support of WFP’s country strategic plan for Somalia.
This position is open to all qualified candidates, and female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the guidance and supervision, the Deputy Head of HR, the intern will be required to undertake the following:
- Provide full support to recruitment specialists within the organizational alignment exercise;
- Help create attractive Vacancy Announcements and leverage WFP’s Employer Value Proposition. Create relevant content to integrate into the Vacancy Announcement;
- Support with the administration of day-to-day recruitment operations like responding to candidates’ queries, schedule the tests/interviews with the applicants, circulate documents for signatures, etc;
- Maintain information up-to-date in the e-recruitment system and in the HR Recruitment tracker to enable accurate and timely reporting and data analysis;
- Assist in the design and the development of diverse new HR employer-branding projects in the field of employment fairs, university relationships, onboarding, talent acquisition among others;
- Conduct data analyses to measure effectiveness of HR recruitment processes, solutions and suggest some process efficiencies;
- Help communicate HR information to stakeholders, external vendors and/or client groups;
- Perform any other duties as required.
Education:The Internship Programme is open to candidates who meet the following criteria:
- Enrolled in a graduate programme (eg. a Bachelor’s/Master’s degree) at a recognized university, studying in the area of Human Resources Management or/International law, economics, sociology or human sciences.
- Candidate must be enrolled in school/studying for at least two years or graduated in the last 6 months.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Desire to learn about and develop key skills in the field of HR, and more specifically, in HR projects and HR processes.
- Flexible work style and approach based on client needs.
- Cultural sensitivity.
- Team player and problem solver.
- Strong analytical, written and verbal communication skills; high attention to details.
- Ability to think, plan, and execute on multiple projects simultaneously in an organized way.
- Technology savvy; ability to think out-of-the box and to come up with innovative ideas.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office package, particularly of Excel and PowerPoint.
Language:Fluency in both oral and written communication in English is a requirement. Additional UN language is an added advantage.
Terms and Conditions:
- Upon selection, a proof of enrolment stating that you are currently enrolled in a course of study and your expected date of graduation and if you have graduated, a certified copy of your degree.
- Interns will receive a monthly stipend from WFP.
- WFP is not responsible for living expenses, arrangements for accommodation, necessary visas and related costs.
Closing Date: 8th November 2020