Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
THE WORLD FOOD PROGRAMME IN NAIROBI IS RECRUITING TO BUILD TALENT POOLS FROM WHICH QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL BE SELECTED OVER THE NEXT 2 YEARS
WFP is currently seeking to build talent pool in the position of Procurement Officer NOB
The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetime. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
The WFP Regional Bureau for Eastern and Central Africa (RBN) is based in Nairobi and provides strategic direction, technical guidance, resource mobilization and management support to WFP operations and activities in nine countries: Burundi, Djibouti, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Kenya, Rwanda, Somalia, South Sudan and Uganda.
To collect, analyse and report on information to maximise efficiency of procurement operations and activities.
Education: Advanced University degree in Business Administration, Finance, Economics or other relevant field, or First University degree with additional years of related work
Working Experience: 3 – 5 years’ work experience in procurement, public and government funds, with experience in conducting cost analyses, working with vendors and or the partners.
Language: Fluency in English, both oral and written. Intermediate knowledge of other UN language would be an advantage.
- Knowledge and understanding of the supplier network and business needs to effectively select vendors that meet the selection criteria.
- Strong understanding of procurement systems, Corporate operating System and tools to conduct range of analyses and generate reports to drive decision making
- Ability to collect, collate and report records relating to ethics and compliance to assist in the analysis of audit findings.
- Ability to establish and manage small contracts/ portions of larger contracts that enhance the value WFP obtains from its engagements (e.g., cost, efficiency, quality
1. Contribute towards the development of procurement plans and processes ensuring compliance with wider procurement policies and WFP standards.
2. Support or manage procurement programs and operational activities, (e.g. issue tenders, evaluate offers and negotiate/award contracts), following standard processes to contributing to successful procurement of food and non-food commodities or services.
3. Track and analyse data to provide recommendations for process improvement.
4. Collate data and contribute to preparation of accurate and timely reports of procurement activities, to contribute to a WFP wide view that enables informed decision making and consistency of information presented to stakeholders, leading to performance optimization.
5. Collate information and draft appropriate responses to recommendations to support auditing of procurement activities and ensure conformity with compliance rules.
6. Work in close collaboration with internal counterparts and external partners including suppliers, superintendents, companies, etc to align procurement activities with wider programmes and ensure a coherent approach to meeting food assistance needs.
7. Support training of WFP staff to take a strategic and proactive approach to the procurement of food and non-food commodities and services, for example designing and reviewing training materials.
8. Guide and supervise more junior staff, acting as a point of referral and supporting them with more complex analysis and queries.
9. Follow standard emergency preparedness practices to ensure WFP is able to quickly respond and deploy food and needed goods and services to affected areas at the onset of the crisis.
10. Act in an assigned emergency response capacity as required to meet emergency food assistance needs.
11. Other as required.
Type of Contract:
Fixed term NOB
Nairobi Regional Bureau, Kenya
12 months- Renewable .
5th November 2020
Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.