Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Assist plant technician in ensuring availability, reliability and safety of steam boilers and related equipment to enhance efficiency, effectiveness, production and safety targets.
- Carrying out timely and scheduled statutory maintenance and repairs on steam boilers including routing weekly and monthly maintenance.
- Reporting all serious faults and efficiencies which cannot immediately be taken care of:
- Inspect the plant in the actual boiler room to the necessary degree and at least once every second hour.
- Ensure that all safety fitting/mountings are operating as required (e.g. mobreys, alarms, level indicators, pressure gauges, safety values etc.)
- Ensure that water level is steam boiler is not below the low water mark.
- Ensure availability of water in the condensate tank and make-up water tank.
- Ensure that routine checks and manual operations are carried out. This includes blow down of the boiler, blow down of mobreys and water gauges, testing of alarm systems priming of feed pumps.
- Maintain accurate record of fuel consumptions and steam generated.
- Ensure that boiler water treatment is carried out as required.
- Train stokers on boiler safety precautions.
- Institute safety practices in the boiler room.
- Ensure unauthorized persons must not be in the boiler room.
- Ensure proper maintenance of related steams and condensate equipment in entire factory steam systems regarding safety and energy management measures.
- Performing any other duty as may be assigned from time to time.
- KCSE C (Plain) and above
- National Diploma in Mechanical Engineering or related field from recognized institution
- Must have attended a boiler maintenance course and should be conversant with the statutory requirements of boiler maintenance.
- Must have a minimum of 3 years’ experience as a boiler attendant in a busy manufacturing environment.
Skills and Attributes
- Excellent communication skills
- Keen to details
- Be a team player
- Be self-motivated
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Basic computer skills
How to Apply
All candidates must meet the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya on leadership and integrity, and obtain appropriate certification from the;
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission
- Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
- Directorate of Criminal Investigations,
- High Education Loans Board (HELB).
- Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
Interested qualified candidates should submit their applications, enclosing a detailed Curriculum Vitae, daytime mobile telephone contacts, current gross salary, names and contacts of three referees, copies of certified relevant professional and academic certificates and testimonials. Applicants should indicate the position applied for at the top of the envelope to be received before 13th November 2020 and addressed to the-:
Nyayo Tea Zones Dev. Corp.
P.O Box 48552 – 00100
Nyayo Tea Zones Development Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified persons with disabilities and marginalized groups are encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Canvassing will automatically lead to disqualification.