Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Reporting to the Plant Technician, the job holder will be responsible for Lay out, fit, and fabricate metal components to assemble structural forms, such as machinery frames, bridge parts, and pressure vessels, using knowledge of welding techniques, metallurgy, and engineering requirements.
- Lays out, positions, and secures parts and assemblies according to specifications, using straightedge, combination square, calipers, and ruler.
- Tack-welds or welds components and assemblies, using electric, gas, arc, or other welding equipment.
- Cuts workpiece, using powered saws, hand shears, or chipping knife.
- Melts lead bar, wire, or scrap to add lead to joint or to extrude melted scrap into reusable form.
- Installs or repairs equipment, such as lead pipes, valves, floors, and tank linings.
- Observes tests on welded surfaces, such as hydrostatic, x-ray, and dimension tolerance to evaluate weld quality and conformance to specifications.
- Inspects grooves, angles, or gap allowances, using micrometer, caliper, and precision measuring instruments.
- Removes rough spots from workpiece, using portable grinder, hand file, or scraper.
- Welds components in flat, vertical, or overhead positions.
- KCSE C(Plain) and above
- Certificate in craft course or its equivalent.
- Must have a minimum of 3 years’ experience in fabrication.
Skills and Attributes
- CAD Skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Keen to details
- Be a team player
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Basic computer skills
- Conversant with welding, fitting, lubrication and drilling
- Good knowledge in reading and interpretation of drawings.
How to Apply
All candidates must meet the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya on leadership and integrity, and obtain appropriate certification from the;
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission
- Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
- Directorate of Criminal Investigations,
- High Education Loans Board (HELB).
- Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
Interested qualified candidates should submit their applications, enclosing a detailed Curriculum Vitae, daytime mobile telephone contacts, current gross salary, names and contacts of three referees, copies of certified relevant professional and academic certificates and testimonials. Applicants should indicate the position applied for at the top of the envelope to be received before 13th November 2020 and addressed to the-:
Nyayo Tea Zones Dev. Corp.
P.O Box 48552 – 00100
Nyayo Tea Zones Development Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified persons with disabilities and marginalized groups are encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Canvassing will automatically lead to disqualification.