Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Catholic Relief Services is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS works to save, protect, and transform lives in need in more than 100 countries, without regard to race, religion or nationality. CRS’ relief and development work is accomplished through programs of emergency response, HIV, health, agriculture, education, microfinance and peacebuilding.
You will manage risk functions for the Kenya/Somalia country program (CP) adhering to CRS policies, local laws, and donor regulations to ensure effective delivery of high-quality programming to the poor and vulnerable. Your knowledge and guidance will reduce risk to staff, to the effectiveness of our programming and to the people we serve through the application of the principles of stewardship, integrity, transparency, and accountability.
Roles and Key Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with audit, risk and compliance leads in HQ and the regional level and CP leadership on implementing and strengthening internal control systems and continuous process performance improvement.
- Anticipate and identify risk issues and challenges and the most appropriate solutions to address them.
- Support implementation of sub-recipient financial management policy (SRFMP)
- In collaboration with CP management, plan and perform internal audits, control reviews and compliance assessments. Analyze results and provide recommendations.
- In collaboration with CP management, programming, and/or operation leads, design and facilitate relevant risk training sessions and contribute to relevant components of institutional capacity strengthening plans for CRS and partners.
- Serve as liaison and support external audits. Coordinate action plans to close out audit findings.
- Serve as liaison and support fraud allegation response process: Contribute to the development of investigation plans/Scope of Work (SoW) for investigations. In collaboration with Ethics Unit, support investigations and reviews into allegations of violations of policies, procedures, standards, guidelines, and applicable rules and regulations.
Required Languages – Fluency in English
Travel – Must be willing and able to travel within Kenya and Somalia up to 40 %.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong relationship management skills
- Strong analytical, organizational, and systems thinking skills
- Ability to make sound judgment
- Ethical conduct in accordance with recognized professional and organizational codes of ethics
- Proactive, resourceful and results-oriented
- Knowledge of data analytics techniques and process performance improvement leading practices
- Knowledge of accounting systems
- Coaching and training abilities.
- Proficient in MS Office package (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio) and information management systems.
Supervisory Responsibilities – Technical supervisory responsibilities through a dotted line supervisory of the Somalia Grants and Compliance Manager
Key Working Relationships:
Internal:Kenya and Somalia leadership, Regional and HQ colleagues, Country Program Staff in Kenya and Somalia
External: Local Implementing Partners
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s Degree in Accounting, Business Administration or other relevant field preferred. Accounting or audit certification highly preferred.
- Lean/Six Sigma Green Belt or Project Management Professional certifications preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years work experience, ideally with an international organization, with progressive responsibility in operations and/or programming. At least 3 of these years entailing audit, compliance or risk management experience
- Knowledge of audit standards and compliance regulations; knowledge of COSO’s Internal Control Framework or The Institute of Internal Audit’s International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing
- Knowledge of and experience working with USG and other major public donors
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff)
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Continuous Improvement & Innovation
- Builds Relationships
- Develops Talent
- Strategic Mindset
- Accountability & Stewardship
What we offer
CRS offers a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to work in a collaborative, mission-driven culture that is committed to improving the lives of the poor throughout the world.
***Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. We welcome as a part of our staff people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need. CRS’ processes and policies reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
CRS’ talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
EOE/M/F/D/V – CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. (For all US and International positions)