Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Who We Are
Girl Effect builds youth brands and mobile platforms to empower girls to change their lives
Started by the Nike Foundation we are experts in media, mobile, brand and international development; a unique mix of skills that we use to solve global problems in a different way.
We work across the world in places where girls are marginalised and vulnerable. We create youth brands and mobile platforms for young people in ways that they love and interact with. We deliver these through the media and mobile tech that we use every day – from apps that build skills, to TV dramas they explore virtual issues, to magazines written by girls.
Context of Role
This is a new role within the global legal and governance function providing key support to the General Counsel across a range of responsibilities to ensure the smooth running and sound governance across all entities within the Girl Effect family. Focused initially on firming up the processes and administration associated with the management of Girl Effect’s Boards and Board Committees, the Governance Manager will take responsibility for the timely and efficient administration of matters relating to Girl Effect’s UK and US boards and coordination across other entity requirements. This will include managing the annual calendars, drafting meeting agendas, taking minutes and follow up on decisions and actions.
In addition to board responsibilities, this role will directly support the General Counsel in the administration of broader duties across the full spectrum of Girl Effect’s products, programmes and countries of operation.
The role is diverse and will be required to engage with a broad range of stakeholders, will require a proactive, and diligent approach and will often be working in the strictest of confidence.
What You’ll Do
- Support the General Counsel, CEO and Global leadership in the facilitation of an efficient and effective flow of information between the organisation and Girl Effect’s various boards, committees and board members;
- Manage meetings, agendas and documents associated management for the charity’s main board meetings including sub-committees, advisory committees and subsidiary boards, including collation and preparation of board papers;
- Manage organisational governance information, acting as the primary contact point for internal and external queries relating to governance and board matters;
- Develop a thorough understanding of the business and strong relationships with the senior leadership team to ‘connect the dots’ and ensure consistent and effective sharing of organisational information both internally and with external partners and donors, including collation and preparation of management papers;
- Leadership Team meeting preparation, facilitation and action management;
- Work with other functions to build out the organisation’s “governance & information library’ (core information, board papers, policies, procedures and meeting documents);
- Provide ad hoc business management support for the leadership as necessary.
Who You Are
You will need to be proactive, flexible and resilient bringing solid experience of working with senior executives, and hands-on charity & board experience ideally in both the UK & US context:
- Proven experience in a varied business operations role working with Senior Executives and Board level stakeholders;
- Experienced in providing management briefings and preparatory documents for high level meetings and engagements;
- Charity sector experience strongly preferred, ideally of both UK & US;
- Official board experience, including board minute writing and documentation is highly desirable;
- Accuracy and attention to detail, even when working under pressure;
- Strong organisation and communication skills;
- Ability to deal professionally and discreetly with confidential information;
- Confidence to liaise with contacts at all levels;
- Flexible and adaptable in approach to work with and ability to manage a busy, demanding office with pressing & conflicting demands and deadlines;
- Comfortable taking direction and working without close supervision.
What Else You Should Know
We are in the midst of a global transformation – shifting our leadership and governance closer to our work and hugely ambitious for a next phase of programming and the ways we can drive change in the world for girls. We are looking for people who are driven by this across every role in the org.
Our teams are a diverse mix across sectors (non-profit and commercial) and specialisms (from Brand and Creative through to Gender and Insight). You can learn and grow in an environment that will challenge you to think and work with a fresh perspective working with talented, engaged people committed to our cause to create a lasting impact.
This role is being recruited on a 12 month fixed term contract basis.
Closing date for applications: 8th November 2020