Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
To be determined
The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) is the world’s largest humanitarian organization, with 192 member National Societies. As part of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement, our work is guided by seven fundamental principles; humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity and universality.
The Business Continuity Planning (BCP) Coordinator, under direction of the Deputy Regional Director for Africa, will coordinate BCP activities ensuring that IFRC offices across the region have robust plans and measures to continue functioning and to recover or resume business processes when operations have been disrupted unexpectedly. The coordinator is also responsible coordinating BCP support to National Societies and supporting IFRC Critical Incident Management (CIM). The resource will also collaborate and seek support from other BCP Coordinators across the IFRC.
IFRC Africa Regional Office (ARO) Business Continuity
- Organize meetings of the ARO BCP Task Force and ensure proceedings are documented.
- Update the ARO BCP, incorporating inputs of the BCP Task Force and Senior Management Team (SMT).
- Update the ARO Actioning Business Continuity (ABC) document and monitor actions by focal points.
- Ensure that the SMT is updated on the ARO BCP and ABC.
- Provide updates on BCP and ABC during ARO staff meetings as/when requested by the SMT.
- Participate in and contribute to ARO COVID-19 Core Management, Extended Management Meetings, COVID-19 Task Force, and other internal technical coordination platforms.
- Facilitate lessons learned exercise(s) to inform improvements to future ARO BCP and ABC processes.
APRO Critical Incident Management
- Support the ARO Critical Incident Management Team (CIMT) as/when requested by the SMT.
- In the event of a critical incident, continually update the BCP incident log and status boards, ensuring that all relevant logs and levels of recording are appropriate.
- Maintain chronological and concise record of critical incidents, meetings and decisions of the CIMT.
- Support updating of ARO critical incident master event board (recording all significant events/developments) and secondary boards (displaying key operational decisions).
- Support standing down of the ARO CIMT, including ensuring that all status board content is recorded, and the information retained/archived for future reference.
Business Continuity Plans of IFRC Africa Country Offices and CCST
- Guide and support IFRC Country Offices and CCST to update theirs BCPs and ABC documents.
- Maintain a record of the BC plans and ABC guidance documents of all IFRC offices in Africa.
- Collate and provide regular updates to the SMT on BCP and ABC of all IFRC offices in Africa.
- Support lessons learned exercise(s) to inform improvements to future BCP and ABC processes.
National Society Business Continuity Plans
- Analyze risks that may affect the ability of various Africa National Societies (ANS) to continue functioning, as basis for prioritizing countries for direct or remote support in BC planning.
- Undertake a mapping and maintain a repository of ANS BCPs.
- Assess BCP support needs of ANS.
- Guide and support ANS to develop/update BCPs based on their needs and requests.
- Refer ANS to the “National Society Business Continuity Help Desk” coordinated by the Global Disaster Preparedness Center (GDPC).
- Facilitate learning webinars and forums for sharing good practices in BCP.
Relevant university education or an equivalent of qualifying experience.
- Certified professional training in contingency planning, business continuity planning and/or critical incident management.
- Basic Delegated Training Course or IMPACT. FACT, ERU, RDRT or HEOps Training.
- 4+ years’ experience in emergency response and recovery operations.
- Experience working for the Red Cross/Red Crescent or another international humanitarian aid organization.
- Experience of managing programmes/projects within a specialist area.
- Good understanding of the global humanitarian environment.
- Experience in readiness planning or business continuity planning.
- Self-supporting in computers (Email, Internet, spread sheets, word-processing, etc.)
- Skills in developing and training staff
- Skills in negotiation and building relations
- Solid and tested team coordination and/or support skills
- Comfortable working and communicating with National Societies in a diverse environment
- Ability to multitask and work under pressure
- Analytical skills
- Fluently spoken and written English
- Fluently spoken and written French
- Movement context, principles and values and National Society Capacity Strengthening
- Direction Setting and Quality Programme Management
- Information Management
- Safety and Security
- Collaboration and teamwork
- Resource Management
The Federation is an equal opportunity employer.