Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) is the world’s largest humanitarian organization, with 192 member National Societies. As part of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement, our work is guided by seven fundamental principles; humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity and universality.
The Domestic Fundraising delegate will be working closely with National Societies in Africa to enhance their capacity to develop strong and sustainable Resource Mobilization strategies and tactics. He/she will help define and measure Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for improved NS capacity to raise funds.
The focus is of this position is to provide technical support and expert advice to NS, based on donor intelligence and market analysis, to identify, cultivate and sustain a broad range of partnerships and revenue from both domestic and international sources.
The Domestic Fundraising delegate will ensure strong networking internally and close coordination with other units, in particular Policy Strategy and Knowledge, Communications and Operations, to ensure well-coordinated support to ANS. Also, to support NS to develop community fundraising programmes, focusing on branches and volunteers, to identify opportunities for growth and partnerships.
Support African National Societies to develop and increase capacity building for domestic fundraising:
• In close coordination with PSK, design and provide customized training, technical guidance and expert advice on domestic and international fundraising for NS, around such things as individual giving programs, special events, emergency resource mobilization and accountability to donors.
• Facilitate regular peer-to-peer training and establish an ANS fundraisers network.
• Provide support and co-ordination in organizing regional and international Skillshares, workshops, webinars, online platforms, crowdfunding, as well as communities of practice.
• Identify training and best practises to ensure that the 49 African National Societies can benefit from all available opportunities.
• Work closely with Operations and Communications to provide analysis and advice on framing and timing of launches of appeals and outreach to both international and domestic markets.
• Deploy as necessary in support of ANS domestic fundraising initiatives as part of emergency operational launches.
Resource mobilization capacity development planning, implementation, monitoring and reporting:
• Develop a resource mobilization capacity development strategy and a KPI-driven action plan for support to all African NS.
• Develop a simple Customer Relations System (CRM) for use by ANS and provide training and advice for ANS to adapt and implement
• Contribute to performance management and business intelligence by monitoring, supporting or implementing initiatives as needed, such as the Virtual Fundraising Hub, on-line giving, Red Cross SME development, etc.
• In consultation with PSK, design and promote generic models for individual giving, event-based asks and other strategies to help ANS manage domestic fundraising, partnership development and accountability.
• Support the Surge Capacity mechanism, as well as the Disaster and Crisis Department by providing technical assistance in the area surge for domestic fundraising
Support National Societies in securing and developing regional high value partnerships:
• Support National Societies in their endeavour to secure high value partnerships, such as those with multilaterals, corporations, or governmental, including:
• Partner National Societies, partner NS (multi and bi-lateral),
• High-net Worth Individuals, local organizations and private stakeholders,
• Governments, (always in cooperation with respective National Societies)
• Governmental and inter-governmental agencies, such as Regional Economic Commissions
• Multilateral organisations, including Global Fund, Green Climate Fund, GAVI
• Development Banks, including the African Development Bank, Islamic Development Bank and others
• Develop and implement a donor stewardship programme, foster cross-reference collaboration in high value giving at both regional and international level (individual and crowdfunding)
• Build on existing and develop new resourcing opportunities with institutional donors (including embassies, NGOs, funding circles, business collectives, partner National Societies, ICRC etc).
Research and external co-operation:
• Carry out or facilitate market studies to advise the regional office and ANS on fundraising strategies.
• Conduct regular National Society resource mobilization strategy reviews.
• Support National Societies to understand and ensure regulatory compliance and best practice in resource mobilization.
• Promote National Society participation in sector-specific domestic collaborations, (including Institute of Fundraising, Social Entrepreneurship hubs, CSR networks etc).
• Liaise with external agents to strengthen the delivery of resource mobilization, including fundraising activities, investment and business opportunities.
Collaboration within the IFRC and Red Cross Movement components:
• Work closely with the Communication and Organizational Development teams of National Societies, as well as with the IFRC Regional Office for Africa Communication, Policy, Strategy and Knowledge, Organizational Development and Volunteering teams in order to ensure the SO’s efforts are linked closely with the work of other teams.
• Work closely with leadership of National Societies to ensure understanding of the required investments and pre-requisites at the senior level for successful development of resource mobilization activities.
• Provide regular updates to supervisor and maintain an ongoing relationship with partner NS to identify support and cultivate wide-Movement interest
• Share learning with other National Societies in the region and engage in global initiatives such as the Virtual Fundraising Hub and International Fundraising Skill share.
- University degree in a relevant field or equivalent experience
- Fundraising, marketing or business qualification
- At least 5 years working experience in managing relations with donors and partners (International organization, NGO, corporates and development banks
- Experience of developing and implementing funding plans
- Experience of detailed campaign monitoring and analysis, including budgeting and financial control
- At least 3 years of experience in entrepreneurship, high volume sales, marketing or fundraising
Experience with domestic fundraising programs, event-based fund-raising, crowdfunding and individual giving.
- Experience of designing and executing sales/fundraising funnels
- Experience of working with CRM and using data analysis to inform strategic decision
- Knowledge of research and development of new partnerships
- Knowledge to draft funding proposals, corporate applications and relevant reports
- Knowledge to manage relationships with donors, through strong written and verbal communication.
- Knowledge of CRM systems
- Proven track record of efficient use of information sharing tools
- Good numeracy, budgeting and financial management skills
- Strong strategic planning, project management
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills with attention to detail
- Ability to exercise initiative with discretion and judgement, and apply risk management controls as needed
- Strong negotiation skills
- Knowledge of Red Cross Red Crescent, ICRC and National Societies
- Knowledge and experience of working in Africa region
- Fluently spoken and written English
- Fluently spoken and written French
- Professionalism, Respect for diversity; Integrity; Accountability
- Proactive outreach and innovative creativity; Communication; Collaboration and teamwork; Judgement and decision making; National Society and customer relations;
The Federation is an equal opportunity employer.