Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Requisition ID: req10965
Job Title: Driver
Employment Category: Fixed Term
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Driver will work under the supervision of the Logistics Officer, Transport and Travel. Core responsibilities will involve but not limited to for safe driving of IRC vehicles, ensure timely maintenance, keeping record of movements, fuel consumption, tools ensuring safety of the vehicle, passengers, cargo and other road users. Strict adherence to IRC policy rules and regulations including all Kenya Traffic Laws. The driver will be required to rapidly respond to the programs and operations needs, whilst ensuring standard methodologies and maintaining audit-compliant records.
- Drive Vehicles on road test or under normal operation as assigned by the Supervisor or Supply Chain Coordinator.
- Performing daily routine maintenance checks and maintaining sufficient quantities of fuel.
- Ensuring daily and pre-long distance vehicle checks are undertaken daily.
- Making sure that accurate upkeep of the vehicle log sheets are done and accurately filed.
- Ensure vehicles cleanliness and report any noted mechanical defects.
- Ensure vehicles are timely refueled and road worthy always.
- Follow IRC vehicles protocols and Kenya traffic rules ensuring passengers always wear safety belts when in motion.
- Ensure that you drive the vehicles in adherence with IRC policy.
- Enter all the vehicles reports are in BOX and timely reports are submitted to the Supervisor for verification before final submission.
- Ensure that unauthorized passengers are not carried in IRC Vehicles.
- Ensure up to date road license, inspection stickers, insurance certificate and any other mandatory documents of the vehicle(s).
- Ensuring that the vehicle you are allocated is equipped with; the first aid kits, tools, jerk, wheel spanner and spare wheel.
- Stay in sync with all security advisories when operating an IRC vehicle to ensure safety of vehicle, passengers, cargo and other road users.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned.
Key Result Areas
- Effective and safe movement of staff, passengers and cargo at all times.
- Efficient and timely reporting of vehicle defaults, follow up on repairs and maintenance to ensure vehicle is in safe operating conditions.
- Up to date data on vehicle movement, fuel consumption and analysis of the same to resolve efficiency levels.
- Promptness in picking and transporting staff, passengers and cargo.
- Valid driving license class BCE.
- Minimum 3 years experience with an NGO driving in Urban areas especially in Nairobi.
- Knowledge of generic transport procedures and practices (NGO experience helpful).
- Experience in using HF/VHF Radio
- Familiar with urban (Nairobi) and rural routes is a key requirement.
- Pass score on IRC driving test.
- Written and spoken English.
- Be conversant with inbuilt communication systems, winches, and 4×4 accessories.
- Conversant with MS Office applications.
Required Experience & Competencies
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- High level of personal initiative, pro-active problem solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Person of integrity.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work.
- Ability to multi task.
- Flexibility and willingness to work long hours if vital.
- Strong sense of personal integrity.
- Please make sure to include copy of Certificate of Good Conduct in your application.
Standards of Professional Conduct: The IRC and IRC workers must conform to the values and principles outlined in the IRC Way – Code of Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and imposes policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Harassment-Free Workplace, Fiscal Integrity, Anti-Retaliation, Combating Trafficking in Persons and several others.
Gender Equality: IRC is committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including parental leave, gender-sensitive security protocols and other supportive benefits and allowance.
Kenyan nationals are encouraged to apply. International allowances are not available for this position. Salary and employee benefits are compliant to the Kenyan NGO Sector.
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.
Please take note that International Rescue Committee (IRC) does not ask for any fees in connection with its recruitment processes.