Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Who We Are
MFS Africa is the leading digital payments hub in Africa, enabling low-cost payments across the continent. The company works in close partnership with mobile network operators and financial institutions to bring simple and relevant payment services to unbanked people. MFS Africa connects over 200 million mobile money users across sub-Saharan Africa through its platform – the MFS Hub. As a B2B company, we enable cross-border payment for mobile money operators, banks, money transfer operators, large corporate and a growing number of SMEs. Our recent partnership with Visa will soon allow us to connect the MFS Hub to Visa.net, effectively connecting African consumers and businesses to the global digital economy. As a technology fintech company, we strive to automate everything we do and run world-class operations. Our locations include:Port-Louis, Accra, Johannesburg, Nairobi and London. We’re regulated by the FSC in Mauritius and the FCA in the UK.
We are seeking a bright, energetic and motivated Treasury Analyst to join our high caliber Treasury & FX team, whose task it is to operate the key treasury processes that underpin our MFS Hub service, and provide an efficient and effective service to both internal and external stakeholders.
The role requires both an inquisitive mindset to understand and improve on our business model, and a steady-state, detail-biased operational mindset. The successful candidate will contribute to optimising our treasury processes and drive efficiencies surrounding treasury, forex, reconciliation and reporting. The main duties and responsibilities of this role will be as follows:
- Float management – forecasting and tracking
- Forex currency administration: Buy/sell currencies for settlement, while minimising risks
- Support daily reconciliation, adjustments, reporting, bank account movements, treasury system booking, and outputting accounting parameters
- Banking operations: Day to day banking engagement
- Master our Treasury System
- Cash management: Monitor bank balances to ensure efficient pooling of funds and timely receivables collection from- and payments to- partners across our Hub network, as well as prefunding in-country
- Maintain sustainable relationships with our partners to ensure efficient conduct of business affairs
The position could be based in either Nairobi, Kenya or Kampala, Uganda.
- Business-oriented with a solid understanding of finance
- Highly analytical and detailed oriented eye
- Solution oriented with the ability to solve complex problems
- Excellent interpersonal capability; able to explain our position with confidence among external and internal stakeholders
- Strong MS Office skills, in particular Excel
- Fluency English is a must; working knowledge of French is an advantage
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- Previous experience in dealing with high volumes of data, ideally in reconciliation, forex, accounting, cash management, balance sheet and treasury operations
- We are highly innovative and were ranked by Fast Company as one of the most innovative companies in the world
- We work at the very cutting edge of fintech in Africa
- We solve relevant problems for Africa and the world, and are building the MFS Africa Hub into a payment infrastructure designed to transcend generations
- We have a very diverse work environment with over 30+ nationalities represented and continually strive to build a culture of caring and execution