Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Experience: 8 years and above,
Number of vacancies: 1
To provide vision and leadership in exploiting the potential of evolving Information and Communication Technologies that supports Optiven’s vision and mission, the incumbent will be required to provide leadership and management of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) and establish Innovations which will drive the organization’s growth and development.
We are looking for a person with a thorough knowledge and understanding of current thinking, and best practice relating to networks and an awareness of emerging ICT technology. This person must also have up to date and detailed technical knowledge of business system applications that will help drive innovation and efficiency along with extensive knowledge of the national, regional & global digital business landscape.
ICT Strategic Leadership.
- Lead on development and delivery of an integrated ICT & Innovation Strategy and related policies and standards that are aligned with Optiven Group vision and mission.
- Prepare, review and monitor the ICT & Innovation budget and operating plan to ensure effective implementation of the ICT Strategy.
- Provide leadership and advise management on ICT Innovation Developments and Policy Issues and their impact on the company’s operations and strategy.
- The development and delivery of ICT strategies and policy arrangements to ensure resources invested in ICT and Innovation provide improvements to services and value for money.
- Advice and guide on the development and implementation of unified communications encompassing the full range of associated technology services to support the company’s strategic and operational business activities and decision-making.
- Accountable for the delivery, continuity, information security, risk management and effective support of the company’s ICT infrastructure and systems.
- Manage relationships with role players and stakeholders in the ICT industry both internal and external to Optiven, e.g. hardware and software vendors, service providers, industry regulators, consultants, etc.
- Manage the introduction, implementation and support of appropriate ICTs in the company in line with the required standards and policies and local legal requirements.
- Provide team leadership by building and maintaining a high performance and motivated IT team.
- Maintain an ICT database of all significant/major ICT projects’ status and schedule for implementation and support across the company.
- Manage the introduction of structured end-user capacity building to ensure optimal and efficient use of all the ICT systems/tools available to the organization.
- Represent the company in ICT Meetings as required by the management.
- Develop, deploy and maintain appropriate ICT Infrastructure and Connectivity solutions for company for secure, efficient and effective flow of information to facilitate operations and decision making.
- Develop, deploy and maintain appropriate Business Applications that support critical business processes to facilitate operations and decision making.
- Develop, deploy and maintain appropriate security systems that ensure Network, Systems and Data Security from internal and external security threats.
- Develop, deploy and maintain performance Monitoring and Reporting systems that provide management and technical reports for decision making and operational support.
- Establish appropriate operational procedures, tools and resources for effective and timely delivery of technical support to all users (at the head office and field offices) that ensures high user productivity and guarantees customer satisfaction.
- Work with Global ICT Teams to Leverage global ICT resources to access specialized network or applications support.
Innovations & ICT Initiatives Support.
- Continuously research on ICT innovations and provide Business Improvement opportunities for the various sectors.
- Work with the company stakeholders to define the scope, goals and deliverables of ICT Innovations and initiatives.
- Develop an ICT roadmap.
- Work with company business units to develop an integrated plan for execution of current and future ICT innovations.
- Conduct ICT Training Needs Analysis and develop training plans for staff.
- Ensure competent and motivated staff are hired and retained.
- Ensure there is a capacity development plan for ICT Staff.
- Ensure a continuing professional education.
- Participate in the relevant National, Regional, and partnership capacity building initiatives.
- Ensure partnership ICT policies and procedures are understood by Management and staff.
- Promote on the job coaching processes and specific tailor made training programs for staff.
- Develop a succession plan for key ICT positions.
- Coding and programming computer softwares and other devices.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related specialized training.
- At least 8 years of relevant IT experience three of which must be in a leadership position.
- Technical certification in IT disciplines or technology.
- Certification in Service Management framework.
- Member of an ICT professional body.
- A successful track record of leading and managing programs and building partnerships.
- Act as a change agent to drive innovation forward by fostering collaboration with cross functional groups and teams.
- Substantive knowledge of key issues and emerging trends and barriers in the ICT world.
- Experience in negotiating with in depth knowledge of business requirements and IT processes.
- Ability to gather and analyze information or data on current and future trends of best practice.
- Ability to set and achieve clear objectives and deadlines to meet deliverables.
- Ability to work with Softwares Example CRM, ERP, HRIS, EDMS.
- Ability to do progressive coding and programming.
- Superior written and verbal communication and presentation skills in English.
- Demonstrated high degree of interpersonal skills with the ability to manage relationships at all levels both internally and externally.
- Ability to identify ongoing needs of internal and/or external clients.
- Professional maturity and sensitivity to working within different cultures.
- Impeccable integrity as demonstrated through solid judgment.