Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The Nairobi Hospital, a leading health care institution in Eastern Africa has excellent career opportunities for individuals who possess a passion for excellence, strong work ethic, are results oriented and committed to continual improvement. The successful candidates will be team players with the ability to effectively add value to enabling good patient outcomes and shape best clinical and non-clinical practice.
THE NAIROBI HOSPITAL DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING).
STORES ASSISTANT, REF: TNH/HRD/SA/10/2020 (3 MONTHS CONTRACT)
Checking system stock levels, order stock items, receive, store and issue goods to all internal sub stores and users and raise records of all transactions.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Regularly run items below re-order level report and raise Purchase Requisition Orders (PROs) for all items as required in a timely manner and ensure no stock outs.
- Coordinating material receiving from external suppliers and invite both security and user’s representative or Quality Assistant for cross-checking.
- Physically inspect and verify material items from suppliers against Purchase Order (PO) specification supplier delivery documents and receive.
- Signing stamp supplier delivery documents and immediately raise a system Goods Receive Notes to confirm receipt.
- Transferring material commodities to their respective storage shelves whilst ensuring proper handling, shelving and coding of materials
- Checking shelf life and expiry dates of material during receipt from suppliers and while storage in compliance with the Hospital’s policies and procedures and promptly report non-conformance
- Maintaining the First Expiry First out (FEFO) system for storage and issuance of items.
- Participating in carrying out daily, quarterly and random stock takes.
- Ensuring that any stock variances are thoroughly investigated, documented and resolved in a timely manner.
- Promptly forwarding documents to Procurement, users and Finance for processing in line with the Hospital Procedures.
- Issue items to user departments against approved off issue vouchers and ensure that all requisitioned goods reach the intended user department.
- Maintaining a comprehensive up-to-date document filing and retrieval system for all stores transactions.
- Observing appropriate security measures throughout the supply chain process by releasing all issued stocks in locked and/or sealed containers for transportations.
- Regularly inspecting material, storage areas within the stores and ensure the highest standards of housekeeping, safety and security requirements are achieved and maintained.
- Adhering to laid down standard operating procedures and work instructions in stock management and storage of medical and other materials.
- Developing effective channels of communication with the users of stores services.
- Supervising support staff and students on attachment working at the stores
- Any other duty as may be assigned from time to time.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management, Commerce, Finance or Logistics.
- Diploma in Purchasing and Supplies Management
- Minimum 2 years’ relevant work experience.
- A member of KISM.
- Knowledge of public procurement and disposal procedures and related regulations
- Good warehousing, distribution, logistics knowledge preferably in multi user/network environment.
- Demonstrated Proficiency in ERPs and excellent use of computer based tools.
- Ability to work under pressure, strict deadline and sound decision making ability.
- Demonstrate excellent negotiation, analytical, presentation and problem solving skills
- High level of integrity, resourceful and possess high drive to excel
- Good interpersonal and communication skills with demonstrated effective leadership skills.
If your background, experience and competence match the above specifications, please send us your application (cover letter & CV/Resume) quoting the job reference number and to reach the undersigned on: email@example.com not later than Friday 13th November 2020. Your CV/Resume MUST include full names and contact details of 3 referees.