Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
We are looking for a Junior Accountant to improve our internal financial procedures, ensure compliance with Kenyan administrations and support the company’s growth through error free accounting reports. The successful candidate will play a key role in assisting the Finance Manager with strategic orientations and defining financial and accounting policy for the company. It is an autonomous position in a fast-growing company and therefore a fast-paced environment.
- Assist in Verify, allocate, post and reconcile accounts payable and receivable
- Produce error-free accounting reports and present their results
- Spot errors and suggest ways to improve internal checking systems
- Produce a monthly feedback on resources allocation and cost effectiveness
- Participate in financial standards setting and in forecast process
- Assist with tax audits and tax returns
- Assist in Direct internal and external audits to ensure compliance
- Support month-end and year-end close process
- Ensure compliance with KRA and Kenyan regulations
- Any other mission requested by the Finance Manager and Managing Director
- Good knowledge of accounting procedures, WHT returns, VAT returns, P9, ETR Receipts and Payroll management of PIN, NHIF, NSSF
- In-depth understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Awareness of accounting and financial regulations in Kenya
- Familiarity with financial accounting statements
- Experience with iTax system and the month-end/year-end close process
- Assist in Preparation of documents required in end of financial year audit
- Assist in Creating and maintaining records for the company’s annual budget
- Hands-on experience with accounting software package, like QUICKBOOKS
- Advanced MS Excel skills including Vlookups and pivot tables
- Accuracy and strong attention to detail
- Aptitude for numbers and quantitative skills
- BS degree in Accounting, Finance or relevant
- Relevant certification (e.g. CMA or CPA) will be preferred
The selected candidate can expect an attractive remuneration package based on experience and in accordance to industry standards. This position offers a great career’s plan within a fast-growing company. If you are interested in this position based in Nairobi (KENYA), please send your CV and cover letter at firstname.lastname@example.org before 30th November 2020