Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
We are delighted to be recruiting for a talented Transport Officer to join our team in Lodwar, Turkana county.
Reporting to the Head of Finance & Operations, the Transport Officer (TO) will be primarily responsible for ensuring that Mary’s Meals Kenya (MMK) Driving, and Fleet Management Policies are adhered to, as well as the driving laws of Kenya.
The TO will be the primary point of contact for vehicle related issues within the organization and will manage a team of dedicated drivers.
The TO will oversee the daily operations of vehicles, including: scheduling of vehicles and services, ordering fuel, management of equipment (fuel cards, keys, safety gear, etc.), reporting accidents and filing claims, and providing driving training to employees.
Key areas of responsibility include:
Vehicle management and Compliance
- To ensure that all MMK vehicles, in all locations, are well maintained, in working condition and safe for project purposes
- Analyse weekly transport requirements against available resources to determine if there is need to hire additional vehicles
- Responsible for preparing the weekly drivers’ schedule to ensure strategic allocation of vehicles at all times
- Develop a quarterly driver schedule to facilitate planning of staff leave days
- Supervise, train and build the capacity of drivers.
- Maintain vehicle records and dashboard to ensure timely registration, service and insurance of vehicles
- Ensure the vehicles are compliant with organisation policies and procedures and regulatory requirements
- Ensure vehicles are securely tracked
- Maintain close relationship with Ministry of Transport Authorities and Police
- Implement the vehicle replacement policy
- To manage the fuel card system. Ensure efficient use of fuel
- Timely reconciliation and replenishment of fuel
- Track and report fuel consumption against standard rate for each vehicle and generator, investigating and reporting any adverse variance
- Maintain a vehicle and generator log system
Safety and security
- Ensure that all Drivers have valid licences and are fit to drive.
- Develop a monitoring system to ensure adherence to vehicle management policies
- Ensure that all vehicles are equipped with fire extinguishers, tow ropes, tarpaulin, emergency equipment, First Aid Kits and essential tools and that an inventory for these is maintained
- Fully accountable for the vehicles, including their parts, fixtures and fittings.
- Ensure that vehicles are used effectively, efficiency and for their intended purpose
- Participate in the development and implementation of assets acquisition plan
- Prepare monthly reports of fuel consumption for each vehicle and mechanical equipment, investigating and providing variance explanations
- Provide monthly report of vehicle usage.
- Provide accident reports form
- Compile compliance report on vehicles such as insurance, registration and driving licence validity for users
Qualifications, skills, and experience
- Degree in Business Administration or related field
- Excellent communication and negotiating skills
- Ability to set and meet targets
- At least 3 years’ experience in Logistics and transport administration in a busy environment
- Good computer skills
- Strong organization skills
- Valid driving license
- Ability to interpret figures and spot trends
- Flexible approach and the ability to make decisions quickly
- Willingness to work long hours, holidays and weekends as required
Method of Application
Applications stating expected salary and CV (including contacts for three professional referees) should be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the position title and applicant’s name in the subject line.
All attached files should be saved under the applicant’s name.
Deadline for receipt of applications is Wednesday, 18th November 2020 at 16:30 hours.
Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted via official Mary’s Meals email address by latest 27th November 2020.
Mary’s Meals never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.