Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
NOTE: This is a 12-month position with the possibility of extension and/or shift to permanent.
Who we are
All Out is a global movement for LGBT+ rights. Our mission is to build a world where no person will have to sacrifice their family or freedom, safety or dignity, because of who they are or who they love.
By mobilizing thousands of people around the world at key moments of crisis and opportunity, we are bringing people power to the movement for equality at an unprecedented rate. We use creative campaigning tactics – both online and offline – to capture global attention around the fight for the rights of LGBT+ people.
Who we are hiring
We’re hiring a Campaigns Manager to support our campaigning and mobilization efforts, with a focus on Africa but also the possibility to work on campaigns across the world.
This person should be a strong communicator and passionate about using the internet to mobilize people power and push for LGBT+ rights. They should also have experience building and managing partnerships.
The ideal candidate for this role should be excited about developing and delivering big ideas, taking risks and acting boldly.
This position reports to our Director of Programs, and will be based ideally in Nairobi, Kenya (other locations may be considered for exceptional candidates).
Note that you should have all the necessary permits and authorizations to work in Kenya. As a US non-profit, All Out will not be able to request or sponsor a work permit on your behalf.
This is a 12-month position with the possibility of extension and/or shift to permanent.
- Develop and deliver online mobilization campaigns for LGBT+ rights (including petitions and crowdfunders, among others), with a focus on Africa, leading efforts to engage and grow All Out’s community of partners and supporters across the continent and to achieve real-world positive impact for LGBT+ communities in Africa.
- As required, develop and deliver online mobilization campaigns for LGBT+ rights outside of Africa.
- Support members of the All Out community and other LGBT+ organizations in Africa in developing and delivering their own mobilization and fundraising campaigns delivered through All Out’s distributed campaigning/fundraising platform.
- Establish and manage relationships with LGBT+ organizations across the continent.
- Represent All Out to external audiences and the media, as needed.
- Use digital tools to test and monitor the performance of mobilization campaigns, emails and social media content.
- Design and implement strategies to ensure our mobilization campaigns have a real-world impact.
- Stay on top of latest trends and developments in online mobilization and translate these into innovative ideas for All Out and its partners.
- Work collaboratively with other campaigners, interns and volunteers, helping them think creatively and execute on ambitious campaigning goals.
- Manage interns and volunteers working on All Out’s projects in Africa, as required.
Essential skills and experience
- At least 4 years of professional experience, ideally in communications, advocacy or digital marketing.
- Fluency in verbal and written English.
- Knowledge of the political landscape in Africa, with a solid understanding of issues impacting LGBT+ rights across the region.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with the ability to produce engaging content.
- Demonstrated ability to build and manage partnerships.
- Meticulous attention to detail, while working in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and efficiently.
- A collaborative, flexible and open-minded working style.
- An entrepreneurial, self-motivated, organized and deadline-obsessed attitude.
- Cultural sensitivity and the ability to work effectively with an international team.
- A commitment to strengthening the voice of LGBT+ people as a path toward progressive change.
The ideal candidate will also have some (or all!) of the following skills:
- Experience in online mobilization and campaigning.
- An understanding of and existing relationships within the LGBT+ movement in Africa.
- Additional language skills, particularly Arabic, French and/or Swahili.
- Experience working remotely.
In order to apply for this position, please submit your résumé as well as a cover letter explaining your motivation for joining All Out. Both documents should be written in English and submitted in PDF format.
The deadline to apply to this position is 20 November 2020, 11:59 pm (Nairobi time). Applications received after this date will not be reviewed.
Pay and benefits are competitive and based on experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other. We strongly encourage applications from trans people and gender nonconforming people.