Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
We are looking for an experienced and highly motivated individual to develop and run ITH’s finance function globally. Reporting to the CEO, financial management, strategic planning and donor reporting as well as risk management, supplier management and fraud prevention are key aspects of this role.
Additionally, as this is a leadership position, the ideal candidate will need to quickly connect with and earn the trust of the CEO, other employees and external stakeholders, and be able to manage both teams and challenging individually-driven projects.
As the Global Head of Finance, you will:
- Be responsible for the integrity of the accounting and finance function of the organisation, as well as offering strategic advice to support the scaling of operations
- Develop and deliver a comprehensive system of financial and procurement controls and processes for the efficient delivery of ITH’s work.
- Ensure the integrity of the ITH accounting and financial management systems
- Provide oversight of transaction processes, preparation of the year-end financial statements and the annual audit as well as ensuring that the organisation meets all its statutory and regulatory compliance obligations.
- Lead on organisational budget creation, developing and strengthening of budget monitoring, reporting and cashflow forecasting tools and reports.
- Work with senior leadership in designing the fundraising strategy (grants and investments), preparing the financial models and support presentations made to funders/investors.
- Oversee due diligence of partners and suppliers.
- Manage disbursement of cash out payments to health care providers.
- Partner with other parts of the organisation to manage external stakeholder relationships – including investors, banks, suppliers and auditors.
- Drive financial planning, offering the senior leadership analysis and advice on expansion.
- Oversee a compliance culture throughout ITH, ensuring our people have the knowledge they need to be compliant to our internal policies.
- Manage a small, geographically dispersed team.
- Work with the CEO and other members of the leadership team on ad-hoc projects to improve the overall running and efficiency of the organisation.
- Line manage both the Finance & Compliance Manager and the Procurement Manager.
- Be a supportive and candid people manager
- You have experience of managing senior teams and are skilled at delivering coaching and feedback.
- You constantly seek feedback and ways to improve, and contract productive relationships with your team.
- You understand the diversity of your team and support their short- and long-term development.
- Be a key part of the ITH vision and strategy
- You will play a critical role on the executive team, solving implementation challenges as they arise and participating in strategic decision making.
- In close collaboration with the CEO and other executive team members, you will be responsible for constantly strategizing to achieve targets and innovation, and for overall performance management.
- Proactively and constantly manage risks
- You are constantly aware of the risk of insecurity, financial fraud, child abuse and corruption affecting the delivery of ITH’s work. You will build internal systems around managing these risks and be a visible champion of integrity
Required Qualifications / Skills / Experience
o Fully completed accounting qualification/certification (ACCA/ACA or equivalent)
o Knowledge of charity SORP accounting and practical experience of the preparation of statutory and management reporting at high level
o Strong experience of corporate finance (fundraising from investors), financial planning and risk management
o Demonstrable experience of running the finance function of a small- to medium-sized enterprise (preferably in a start-up environment or charity)
o Fluency in spoken and written English is imperative – other languages are a bonus
o Bachelor’s degree
Desired Qualifications / Skills / Experience
o Working in a developing country
o Managing cross-border relationships
o Managing expectations of a multitude of stakeholders
o Working in or with a non-profit organisation
o Track record of supervising a junior team