Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Lori is a venture-backed, rapidly growing start-up that is building a cutting-edge, tech-driven, logistics services platform that seamlessly coordinates haulage across frontier markets. With a mission to reduce the cost of goods, Lori is tackling a massive issue – $180 billion is spent annually on haulage across Africa, which means that up to 75% of a product’s cost is due to logistics (compared to 6% in the US).
Lori was recognized as the fastest growing start-up in Africa and won Techcrunch’s Battlefield Africa. The tech-enabled and operations-driven marketplace efficiently connects transport to cargo. The system brings transparency to the logistics industry and has significantly improved flexibility, reliability, and cost savings (upwards of 20%). Billions of dollars of cargo move through the Lori platform annually.
The market demand for Lori’s platform is increasing exponentially. To continue this pace of growth, Lori closed a landmark raise from globally leading institutional and strategic investors. Lori currently operates in Kenya, Uganda, Rwanda, Tanzania, South Sudan, Ethiopia, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Ghana, Nigeria, and Togo with plans to expand within the next 12 months.
The Lori team of ~150 employees is led by nerds obsessed with revolutionizing logistics in Africa:
- Josh Sandler, CEO: industrialization + logistics wonk, Harvard MBA/MPA-ID, South African native
- Jean-Claude Homawoo, CPO: Product Lead at Google, Executive at iRoko; Harvard MBA, Togolese native
- Uche Ogboi, COO: Principal at EchoVC (TPG Growth investment platform), Investment Banker at Citi, Nigerian native
- Alan Elliott, CFO: 30+ yrs senior financial and operational management experience in logistics, supply chain, and manufacturing, South African native
Lori is seeking a hands-on Junior Data Scientist to join our Product team based in Nairobi. As a Data Scientist, you will be responsible for helping business teams understand the business better using data. You will work closely with business teams, data engineers and software developers as you interpret business requirements and translate them to logic that will pull and organise data.
- Interpreting business requirements in order to develop logic based on schema and available data
- Building dashboards/reports using SQL on a Business Intelligence platform
- Support the adoption of BI user self-serve
- Automate moving of data from the AWS ecosystem to the BI (Metabase) using Airflow
- Build and maintain Data pipelines from external data sources
- Collaborate with members of the Tech team (e.g. data engineers, Product Operations Managers, Software Engineers, and other data scientists) on the project’s goals.
- Support Senior Data Scientist to train and Operationalize Machine Learning Models
- Build and Maintain Machine Learning Pipelines.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, software/computer or any engineering discipline, applied mathematics, or physics statistics or Experience in a related field with real-world skills
- Testimonials from former employer or colleagues.
- Possible two years work experience or personal projects that will form proof of technical expertise and skill mastery.
- Intellectual curiosity to find new and unusual ways of how to solve data management issues.
- The ability to work in a team with diverse people such person will be a team player
- SQL, NoSQL, AWS, Python, Relevant Python libraries and frameworks for data science
- Experience using metabase will be an added advantage