Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
We are looking for experienced self-driven and self-oriented professional to fill the position of an this position based in Nairobi- Kenya.
POSITION PROFILE: Under the direct supervision of the senior REACH Assessment Officer, the REACH Assessment assistant is responsible for the management and implementation of all REACH assessments in country, including their preparation, implementation and follow-up, if relevant. S/he will also be responsible for related logistics, partner coordination, reporting and finance requirements and will be required to provide input to the strategic development of REACH in country.
Duties and responsibilities
- Designing and implementing REACH assessment strategy and methodology and corresponding analytical frameworks;
- Ensuring the writing of timely and accurate assessment reports and factsheets with integration of cluster and/or partner feedback;
- Data quality checks and follow up with the Database team on quality of data and ensuring that data analysis is reflective of the assessment objectives
- Manage project timeframes and assessment schedules and work with field staff to design and implement REACH assessment procedures;
- Supporting the development of assessment TORS, analysis plans and indicator lists;
- Under the supervision of REACH Assessment Officer, external representation of REACH with Partners and the wider Aid Community through clusters and sectoral working groups;
- Coordinate timely and accurate reporting to REACH Assessment Officer
- Managing of REACH assessment field staff to ensure a smooth and timely implementation of activities;
- Coordinating and ensuring timely data collection, analysis and, in partnership with GIS/DB team, mapping of datasets and ensuring that all collected data are geo-referenced
The REACH Assessment assistant is responsible for supporting the consolidation of all analyses and conclusions from each activity into REACH products such as factsheets, profiles, reports and briefs using standard formats. S/he will liaise with the REACH GIS/Database (DB) team in order to represent data, as relevant.**
The REACH Assessment assistant will store, organize and disseminate assessments, project documents and best practices among ACTED and Implementing Partners (IPs). S/he will coordinate timely and accurate field-level information, when needed, and support Nairobi-level dissemination activities.
The REACH Assessment assistant is responsible for the preparation of project ToRs, observation of field-level procedures. The REACH Assessment assistant will ensure that all field teams are comprehensively briefed on the objective, expected outputs and that the overall implementation strategy of any given activity is clearly understood. S/he will ensure that project/field staff are given training and complete all the necessary documentation in line with program requirements set by REACH.
Accountability to Communities and Beneficiaries
The staff member is responsible for ensuring that all relations with the communities we work are conducted in a respectful and consultative manner. Due attention must be paid to ensuring that communities are adequately consulted and informed about ACTED programme objectives, activities, beneficiary selection criteria, and methodologies. This is the responsibility of every ACTED staff member.
Data Confidentiality and Protection
The REACH Assessment assistant will maintain the strictest confidentiality on all data collected and related processes. He/she will actively take measures to prevent the unauthorized sharing of any information and data belonging to REACH and its partners, or collected during his/her assignment with REACH.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline (social science, development studies, research, statistics, monitoring and evaluation) required
- Established quantitative and qualitative analytical skills;
- Experience in conducting interviews including in-depth key informant interviews and facilitating Focus Group discussions.
- At least 3 years of relevant working experience in data analysis, report writing, conducting research or monitoring and evaluation.
- Excellent project management skills
- Excellent communication and drafting skills for reporting and external coordination;
- Strong skills with the Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong technical writing skills
- Excellent experience using ODK for quantitative data collection, or the ability to rapidly master the process
- Some experience creating ODK questionnaires, or ability to learn rapidly
- Fluency in English required;
- Ability to work independently.
- Knowledge in Excel as well as other statistical programming desirable;
How to Apply
Qualified Kenyan candidates are invited to submit their detailed curriculum vitae and cover letter as a single document i.e. the cover letter being on the first page and the CV starting on the second page, detailing three work related referees and contacts to firstname.lastname@example.org and received on or before 5.00PM on 18th November 2020 with the subject line being; APPLICATION FOR ASSESSMENT ASSISTANT or APPLICATION FOR FIELD ASSISTANT. Note that applications sent without this exact subject line will not be considered.
Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Selection will be on rolling basis and ACTED reserves the right to hire before the deadline.
ACTED will at no stage of recruitment process request candidate to make payments of any kind. Further, ACTED has not retained any agent in connection with recruitment.
ACTED is committed to protecting beneficiaries within our programmes from exploitation and abuse and any kind of misconduct. ACTED has specific policies, including PSEA and Child Protection, which outlines the expected behaviour and the responsibility of all staff, beneficiaries, consultants and other stakeholders and has zero tolerance towards misconducts. Any candidate offered a job with ACTED will be expected to sign ACTED’s organizational Policies and Code of Conduct as an annex to their contract of employment and agree to conduct themselves in accordance with the provisions of these documents.
ACTED is an Equal Opportunity Employer.