Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Position: Medical Ward Head Nurse,
Vacancy no: AKHK/NDMW/003,
Job Location: Kisumu,
Reporting to the Program Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for overseeing the delivery of quality care that promotes safety and well-being of all patients within the medical ward. He / she will plan, coordinate, manage and evaluate all patient care activities including quality, resources, regulatory compliance, staff development and finance.
- Lead the unit team in formulation, implementation and evaluation of annual goals and objectives in accordance with departmental and Hospital strategic objectives.
- Lead the team in development, implementation and review of policies, procedures, protocols, and care guidelines based on international standards.
- Perform regular rounds within the unit to ensure smooth triage, observation, admission, transfer, and referral of patients that enhances patient safety and quality patient care.
- Participate in the Budget process and ensure efficient utilization of resources.
- Ensure that all policies, procedures, equipment, and supplies are in place.
- Responsible for the recruitment, selection, orientation and on- going training of the unit staff.
- Oversee continuous education of unit staff and identify staff training needs.
- Participate in Quality and patient safety activities in the unit and hospital.
- BSc Nursing.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certificate.
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certificate.
- At least five years working experience in nursing practice, with three years in Nursing Leadership role in medical ward
- Valid Kenyan nursing practice license.
- Working knowledge of a Hospital Management Information System.
- Excellent PR and Communication skills.
How to apply
- Interested candidates are requested to email their application letter and detailed curriculum vitae with position title and vacancy number on the subject line, including names and contacts of three references, current and expected remuneration to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 13thNovember 2020.
- The email subject line MUST include position title and Vacancy number being applied for e.g. “PROGRAM MANAGERAKHK/NDPM/002”
- Canvassing of any nature will lead to automatic disqualification.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please note that Aga Khan Hospital Kisumu does not charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview, medical examination, or any fee)
“Aga Khan Hospital Kisumu is an equal opportunity employer”