Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
We are looking for Project Manager relevant experience in the Renewable and non-renewable energy sector in Africa to oversee the full coordination and implementation of energy projects from tendering if applicable, from design to commissioning of various energy projects The Project Manager will also be involved with the contractual bidding of projects and business development for the company as a whole.
The ideal candidate should have good communication, analytical, contracting, management, financing and interpersonal skills,
The position is available immediately.
- A qualified Project Manager idealy an engineer, geologist or other fields with links to renewable energy & non – renewable energy.
- Post graduate degree in relevant field.
- Work experience as a project manager in the sector.
- Good understanding of project deployment in renewable energy & non – renewable energy.
- Proven knowledge of energy sector within Africa.
- Manage the design, engineering and construction of energy projects that include Geothermal, solar, thermal, hydro, wind, battery storage etc.
- Develop, maintain and execute the project proposal or work plan to determine time frame, funding limitations, procedures for accomplishing the project, staffing requirements and allotment of available resources to various phases of project to assure that the project requirements can be met.
- Establish or oversee the work plan, staffing, and budgeting for each phase of project execution, including design, engineering, procurement and construction, and arrange for recruitment or assignment of project personnel.
- Establish the project engineering, procurement and construction budget and take responsibility for the regular review and reporting to accounting on forecasted expenditures under the budget, as well as controlling expenditures so that the project remains within budget.
- Conduct regularly scheduled project meetings with management, clients, and subcontractors to facilitate, confirm and communicate status of the project execution plan, schedule and engineering, procurement, and construction activities.
- Provide or coordinate engineering support for development and permitting activities as needed.
- Oversee the execution of and compliance with construction contracts and work with construction team to ensure adequate scopes of work are executed under those contracts.
- Support project developers in developing the project and provide risk management assistance to secure power-off take arrangements, financing agreements, equity acquisition agreements, and requests for proposals (RFPs) related to the projects/sites for which the project manager is responsible.
- Coordinate and work with the legal department to facilitate the development, negotiation and execution of project contracts such as Memorandums of Understanding (MOUs), term sheets, contracts, turbine supply agreements, equipment purchase agreements, warranty agreements, commissioning agreements. Participates and assists with the construction and financial closings
- Coordinate the external bidding process required to procure goods and services necessary for all phases of project execution, including preparation of bid packages, evaluation of proposals, contract negotiations and recommendations to senior management.
- Work with Asset Management and Operations departments to define the requirements for adequate project turn-over and then assist with the transition of the project to Operations upon project completion.
- Oversee work product of the Construction Manager(s) and quality control personnel to project during execution of project and ensures compliance with reporting requirements under contracts and lender agreements, and to internal management.
Method of Application
We will process your CV and personal information to assess your suitability for the role. Only successful candidates will be contacted. This is position is available immediately. Closing date 20th November 2020
Send your applications to firstname.lastname@example.org a and indicate the job position “Energy Project Manager” as the subject of the email.