Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Role Purpose: The role holder will be responsible for accurately preparing and processing error free customs entries on behalf of the company within the laid down legal and statutory requirements for the customs clearance procedure.
Reports to: Project Manager
Your Tasks and Responsibilities
- Ensure that all the customs documentation in the clients file are all in place and correct for entry processing.
- Creation of KEBs CDs and application of permits where necessary.
- Processing of Entries via new ICMS system and KRA Tradex.
- Following up to ensure that lodged entries are passed by complying with Customs requirements through the online messaging system.
- Ensure that the received shipment documents are verified and advice on additional information documents required.
- Ensure that shipments meet all applicable laws to facilitate the import and export of goods.
- Determine and track duties and taxes payable and process payments on behalf of the client.
- Ensure that bonds for the products being imported are posted or assist clients in obtaining bonds.
- Giving advice on customs matters in regard to imports and exports
- Perfecting entries once received approved exemptions from Customer Service and putting up bond cancellation vouchers.
- Ensure correct use of Kenya Revenue Authority Tariffs
- Ensure that correct values are used during declaration and other related procedures to avoid losses that may accrue as a result of penalties
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Diploma in Clearing & Forwarding/ Logistics or related field
- EACFFPC / KRATI/ KESRA Certification
- Single Window, TRADEX and KENTRADE with wide usage of TRADEX and KENTRADE
- Excellent knowledge of KENTRADE, TRADEX, ASYCUDA and TANCIS online systems
- 3 years’ experience in a similar position in a busy organization.
- Experience and full understanding of Airfreight and Sea freight clearance procedures
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Decision–making, problem-solving, creativity
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Be a person who is honest, trustworthy with high integrity.
How to Apply
Interested candidates who fully meet the above requirements should send their applications along with a detailed Curriculum Vitae to email@example.com on or before 11th November, 2020.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted