Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Centre for Health Solutions – Kenya (CHS) is an indigenous, not-for-profit organisation that utilises local expertise and strategic partnerships to ensure the implementation of evidence-informed solutions and interventions to existing and emerging public health concerns. CHS is currently sourcing for a high calibre, self-motivated and dynamic individual to fill the position of Procurement and Logistics Officer.
Overall Job Function
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the Procurement Officer will facilitate the acquisition, supply, delivery, storage and disposal of goods & services, as well as logistics operations at optimum cost-effective levels in a thoroughly documented, process compliant, expeditious and effective manner.
- Initiate an end to end procurement process
- Document and ensure implementation of procurement committee recommendations and actions.
- Ensure optimization of Navision system throughout the procurement cycle.
- Under the guidance of the Operations Manager ensure development and coordination procurement plan according to the procurement budget.
- Ensure preparation, review and clearance of documentation (evaluations, requests for awards, purchase orders and contracts for services) through the procurement committee and the existing CHS approval workflows.
- Generate and disseminate complete, accurate and relevant monthly procurement reports on user-friendly, standardized templates to support project management decision making
- Take lead in the prequalification of suppliers, vendors assessment and vendor audit as may be required from time to time.
- Coordinate the preparation, execution and monitoring of CHS leases, service contracts and framework agreements for all administrative and programmatic needs.
- Working closely with the field offices ensure the updating of fleet management service history, the accuracy of the fuel consumption reports, processing of the fuel expenses replenishment in a timely manner, satellite tracking and fleet compliance reports.
- Collaborate with field offices to ensure optimal use of assets, supplies and inventories, ensure systematic tagging, insurance (and related claims processes), annual documented physical verification and disposal at closeout per project specific disposal provisions.
- Working closely with finance to maintain an updated asset register for CHS
- Ensure continuous innovations, adoption of best practices and regular reviews of procurement & logistics operations.
- Manage stores and provide regular inventory reports (monthly & quarterly) for the different items stored within the CHS stores.
- Monitor stores inventories, reorder levels and optimize supply to the field locations
- Support transport and logistics
- Any other duty assigned by the supervisor
Key Deliverables and Key Performance Indicators
- Ensure cost effective procurement decisions.
- Ensure optimal utilization of Navision system in line with CHS procurement guidelines
- Timely coordination and adherence to procurement processes and procedures
- Champion transparency in the procurement process
- Ensuring proper documentation of all procurements processes
- Timely reports as agreed with the supervisor
- Ensuring timely tagging of procured CHS assets and updated inventory log
- Timely distribution of assets and supplies, documentation and reporting of the
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or its equivalent
- Diploma in procurement and supplies management
- Proficiency in MS Office tools and office automation solutions
- At least three years of progressive experience in procurement and/or administration
- NGO experience is desirable
- Inventory management
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Good organization
- Good interpersonal skills
- Negotiation skills and problem-solving skills
- Working knowledge of ERP systems
- USG Rules and regulations
Interested applicants are invited to email their applications and detailed CV with contact details of three referees to firstname.lastname@example.org clearly indicating the subject title as Procurement and Logistics Officer: CHS/HR/PLO/01/2020by 5.00 PM Thursday, November 12, 2020.
Centre for Health Solutions-Kenya is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.