Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
For the Operations Management Division, responsible for Finance, Personnel and Administration of the Embassy, we are looking for a fulltime Accounts Officer (Monday to Friday).
The Accounts Officer (AcO) is responsible for the daily entries in the accounting system and the timely/correct payments of the Embassy. He/she follows IPSAS, IFRS, ISA and GAAP, local law and other internal FDFA instructions. He/she assures a correct handling of all global budget contracts in our internal system ESPRIT and works closely with all his/her internal and external counterparts.
He/she also performs administrative tasks and reports directly to the Senior Finance Officer.
· Prepares monthly reconciliations of bank accounts, cash checks, general and related sub-ledger accounts and honorary consulate accounts;
· Prepares periodic financial reports including monthly and yearly accounts closure in Vision+;
· Payment of invoices/bills in a timely manner and manages key vendor relationships;
· Enters and manages contracts in ESPRIT;
· Monitors all active rental contracts.
Academic qualifications / Professional experience:
· Bachelors’ degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field;
· Minimum of 3-year post qualification experience in accounting or financial related field;
· Professional Accountancy Qualification CPA or ACCA;
· Perfectly fluent in English language, written and spoken,
· Excellent computer skills (MS Office, especially Excel, SAP and other accounting software);
· Working experience in an embassy or an international organizations is an added advantage.
· Highly motivated, committed and able to work in a team;
· Ability to work independently and under pressure and with minimal supervision;
· Good communication skills and interpersonal skills;
· Strong service and customer orientation.
Modalities of employment and application:
· Application deadline is 15th November 2020.
· Applicants should include a letter of motivation (maximum 1 page), a CV (maximum 3 pages) and 2 references related to previous work experience.
· Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Note: Please be advised that the Embassy of Switzerland does not charge any fees from applicants for any recruitment, nor has it engaged a third party to facilitate this hire. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.