Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Location: Flexible Location
Appointment Type: Permanent
British American Tobacco has an exciting opportunity for 6 Leaf Buyers to join our team in Kenya.
Optimal & efficiently handle the purchases of BATK tobacco bales from our contracted farmers and bought at central Purchasing points in Leaf centers. Continuously work to improve the leaf buying process by ensuring tobacco quality requirement standards are maintained.
- Responsible for buying/selecting according to farmer grade standards, allocating accurate grade for a given quality. Management of seasonal employees and partnerships. Product knowledge, Coordination of leaf center buying operations to ensure smooth and timely buying process execution.
- To assist in the training and daily management of seasonal buyers and graders and train farmers in various quality parameters
- Purchase company desired leaf volume (ensuring maximum loan recovery) at company target average farmer price and within the approved commercial estimate observing defined control procedures
- Ensure stock management is aligned with the company stock policy & procedures
- Monitor buying labour recruited by service providers to ensure they conform to the stipulated government and company guidelines
- Analyze daily market data in liaison with the Leaf center management and take corrective action where gaps exist and come up with actions that can help improve the buying control environment.
- Ensure and apply the technical concepts of official classification and Internal classification of tobacco in its practical application, which are in accordance with current legislation and with the objectives of cost of purchase and blend, ensuring the physical, chemical and sensorial qualities.
- Prepares and labels the tobacco samples as per the internal grades collected from pre-season farmer visits and from the tobacco buying line, and lays these out for inspection by Customers;
- Proactively make a follow up on any variances after the markets ensuring that such variances are fully reconciled before the next market.
- Ensure compliance with internal EHS safety policies and standards, as well as the updating of EHS system operational standards e.g Pulsar , Weekly prevention dialogues, safe work procedures, ensuring the safety of people and the organization and cleanliness of facilities and equipment. Ensure EHS policies are carried out in the Buying operations.
- Perform field audits, crop verification exercises, qualitative assessment, planting estimation, and other specific demands. Carrying out seed bed and plant count verification.
Skills and Experience:
- B.Sc in Agriculture, Agribusiness or Horticulture
- Self-drive and high integrity
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in the field with ability to demonstrate practical competence knowledge in leaf grading capabilities.
- Good knowledge of tobacco agronomy and postharvest activities including curing, sorting, grading and baling.
- Ability to relate physical characteristics of tobacco leaf to quality.
BAT is an inclusive company, supporting diversity, therefore people living with disabilities or abled differently are more than welcome to submit their application.
BELONGING, ACHIEVING, TOGETHER Collaboration, diversity and teamwork underpin everything we do here at BAT. We know that collaborating with colleagues from different backgrounds is what makes us stronger and best prepared to meet our business goals. Come bring your difference!
British American Tobacco is one of the world’s leading multinational companies, with brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries.
We are proud that we are consistently among the top 5 companies on the London Stock Exchange.
Our portfolio includes our world-famous Global Drive Brands – Dunhill, Kent, Lucky Strike, Pall Mall and Rothmans – along with many other leading international brands, such as Vogue, Peter Stuyvesant and State Express 555.
Alongside our traditional tobacco business, we are also developing products that offer consumers potentially less risky alternatives to regular cigarettes. Our Next Generation Products are already leading the way in the Industry of vapour and tobacco heating devices. We continue to develop a solid portfolio of consumer solutions which already include well known global brands like Vype, glo and Voke.