Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Komaza is revolutionizing African forestry by unlocking the potential for small-scale farmers to serve booming wood markets. By combining high-scale operations with digital intelligence, we are currently planting commercial-grade forests at a rate of over 1 million trees with 5,000+ new farmers per year, making us Kenya’s largest industrial tree planter. We hold the only sustainable blueprint for meeting Africa’s $30B wood supply crisis – by leveraging farmers’ contribution of land and labor, Komaza can access nearly limitless land and establish a hectare of trees for far less than big plantations.
We have been recognized with numerous awards and investments, including The Climate Policy Initiative, The Nature Conservancy, Forbes, and Novastar Ventures.
The Komaza Call Center, part of the Business Operations Unit, is a new initiative to support Komaza farmers across Kenya. It will serve as a critical service center for the organization.
The Farmer Call Center will use technology voice, SMS and chat to:
– Significantly increase the Field Extension Network/farmer ratio and reduce the number of in-person visits per shamba, reducing the cost/hectare
– Improve the customer experience and Komaza presence with farmers in a cost effective manner to reduce side-selling, thereby increasing yields, ease of enrollment and re-enrollment.
– Manage farmer issues in a more timely way
– Manage farmers more cost effectively
The Business Operations Unit also includes Finance, IT, Administration, and Talent Services, Procurement and Fleet Operations, all focused on supporting our operations and farmers smoothly and efficiently.
About the Role
The Call Center Manager will lead the growth and development of our call center, which plays a vital role in building trust with our customers and in serving them effectively. We are looking for someone who has proven success in improving customer satisfaction through the efficient running of a call center, is passionate about improving the lives of smallholder farmers in Africa and is eager to join a fast-paced social enterprise with huge potential for growth and impact.
What You Will Do
- Drive the set up of our Call Center, including the development of scripts and FAQs based on learnings from our Field Operations team, and training materials for Call Center Advisors.
- Conduct effective resource planning to maximize the productivity of resources (people, technology, etc.).
- Hire, train, coach and mentor Call Center Advisors to serve our customers in a way that results in an extraordinary customer experience.
- Answer Advisors questions, guide them through difficult calls or issues, and handle issues directly that cannot be handled adequately by the Advisors. Lead the escalation across departments for resolving any new or challenging issues.
- Collaboratively set daily, weekly and monthly targets for Call Center Advisors that align with business objectives.
- Monitor performance of the Call Center Advisors and identify and implement approaches to continuously improve efficiency, productivity and customer experience.
- Assume responsibility of budgeting and tracking expenses for the Call Center.
- Collect, analyze and communicate call center statistics e.g. # Issues opened by type of issue, # Issues resolved positively/negatively, resolution timing and call wait times, # Calls made, # SMS’s sent, and costs.
- Prepare and communicate reports on vital insights gathered from the calls that will enable other departments to improve our products, field operations or other aspect that affects the farmer experience.
- Spot check calls for quality assurance.
- Set and maintain the highest standards for call center operations, including but not limited to training, performance management, issue resolution.
- Proven experience as call center manager or similar position in Kenya
- 4+ years experience in customer service Knowledge of performance evaluation and customer service metrics
- Solid understanding of reporting and budgeting procedures
- Experience in basic financial analysis (cost-effectiveness, cost-benefit etc.)Proficient in Excel or G-Suite and call center equipment/software programs
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills with a problem-solving ability
- Positive and patient
- Highly detail-oriented
- Obsessed with user experience and customer satisfaction
- Highly quantitative – you are a data-driven decision maker
- Empathetic leader – your EQ is as high as your IQ
- Passionate about working in a business with strong social impact
- Able to inspire and advocate internally and externally – you know that influence is more effective than authority.
Great vision without great people is irrelevant, Jim Collins wisely stated. If you share Komaza’s vision and want to help make it a reality, apply today! We offer a competitive remuneration package and an opportunity to further your career.