Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Job Title: REGIONAL FINANCE MANAGER
Reports to: Regional Finance Director, Africa & MENA
Job Summary: The Regional Finance Manager is responsible for the training of Finance Managers, including QuickBooks accounting software, RTI’s Finance Manual, finance and accounting policies & procedures, payroll setup and monthly close process. In addition, regularly monitoring cash advance balances, petty cash balances, and VAT receivables. Scheduling ad hoc meetings with Finance Managers as extended support forums, to review financial performance and ensure compliance to RTI policies and procedures. This role also guides the Finance Manager in ensuring that the proper office procedures and segregation of duties are in place at project startup to ensure that each project operates within RTI policies and appropriate internal controls. Act as interim Finance Manager when a Finance Manager has not been assigned to a project. Monitor local tax laws and requirements to ensure compliance.
Essential Duties: Main purpose of job
- Training and on-boarding of project Finance Managers. Training include, but is not limited to, the following topical areas: QuickBooks accounting solutions, payroll and payroll tax compliance, design and monitoring internal control systems, and month end reporting, cash advances, tax laws.
- Employ financial oversight and supportive monitoring to ensure project expenses are in accordance with RTI accounting policies and procedures.
- Work closely with field office leadership and project management to ensure adequate internal controls exist to minimize risk
- Support month end closing processes to ensure organized, complete and properly approved expense reports and reconciliations are delivered to Home Office as per approved month-end closing calendar.
- Provide temporary technical assignments during long absence of Finance Managers, start up and close out of projects.
- Ensure updated, clear concise written accounting and finance policies and procedure manuals for project offices under direct supervision.
- Support internal and external audits of projects
- Support recruitment process for Finance Directors and Managers across the region
- Prepare reports as requested by management and RTI Home and Regional Office
- Keep informed for local tax laws and compliance requirements
Minimum Required Education & Experience
Job Requirements are a combination of qualifications and related experience.
Master’s degree and 9 years of experience or Bachelor’s Degree and 12 years of experience
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Below are skills and abilities required to perform the essential duties of this job.
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy and organizational skills with ability to be flexible and work well under pressure in a multi-cultural environment
- Ability to work well in team environment and train others in financial controls and financial management principles
- Ability to work independently as well as function within a matrix organization
- Advanced user and trainer of accounting systems such as QuickBooks, and Costpoint.
- 5+ years of experience backstopping USAID or DFID funded projects in multiple countries in Africa.
- Proficient in Advanced MS Excel, MS Word and power point presentations
- Experience with accounting software, QuickBooks proficiency is desirable
- Experience as a Finance Manager for a USAID/DFID project is desirable
- French and English proficiency is required.
- 40%-50% travel required
Physical and mental demands of this role include those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job, as outlined above. Examples include: remaining in a stationary position for long periods of time; operating a computer and other office machinery; thinking, learning, and concentrating effectively and frequently communicating with other people, both within RTI and outside of RTI; frequently moving about inside and travel between offices and laboratories; frequently conducting laboratory site inspections , ability to handle the stress associated in meeting frequent, multiple and tight deadlines, ability to work in excess of 40 hours per week as workload and deadlines may require, consistent demonstration of mental stability and ability to have regular, reliable and predictable attendance.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job, per RTI procedure 4.2.1.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.