Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Reports To General Manager – Business
Department/Unit: Corporate Banking
Job location: Head Office
The Job holder will be in charge of the management of the corporate client portfolio. The role involves growing the assets and liabilities of these corporates, ensuring profitable partnerships, improving credit quality of the portfolio and developing transactional business through enhanced service experiences and innovative technology adaptation.
- Strategic planning for corporate business in line with banks annual and tri-annual business development plans including preparation of business plans with Finance department for Board purposes.
- Corporate balance sheet growth on assets, liabilities and off balance sheet exposures.
- Increase in level of products and services consumed by corporates and spear heading increase in bank relationship across the corporate supply chain through other business departments of the bank
- Grow trade finance business with focus on importers/exporters and development of synergies with BOA Group entities internationally.
- Synergies with BOA Group regionally and harmonization of shared clients regionally
- Management of syndication of clients both in-country and externally
- Net-working in the market (local and internationally), lead generation (opening doors) for the various business team under his/her supervision.
- Synergies with various departments in the bank, including Treasury and Retail Banking.
- Staff management and development, including motivation and succession planning.
- Management of the corporate credit portfolio quality and maintaining it within risk thresholds of the Bank.
- Management and achievement of profitability and productivity ratios for the corporate portfolio.
- Maintaining relationship with international partners ranging from Direct Foreign Investors to Correspondent banks
- Overall responsible for the performance of the business centres (corporate centres) of the Bank, Trade Finance and Institutional Banking departments.
Competencies and Experience
- At least 10 years working experience in banking, of which 5 years should have been in corporate Banking at senior level
- Strong track record in business development and business networking which should be clearly demonstrated
- Strong Business acumen both in the banking industry and the Corporate/Institutional space.
- University degree in Finance, Accountancy, Economics or a relevant business related degree
- MBA or relevant post graduate degree
- Professional qualification in accounting or related field.
How to Apply
All interested and eligible candidates can make applications through our Job Application Form by end of day Tuesday, November 17, 2020.
Bank of Africa is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We hire based on candidate’s merit and competency against the requirements of the role.