Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The Department for Theology, Mission and Justice (DTMJ) supports the presence and witness of the member churches (MCs) of the Lutheran World Federation (LWF) globally and locally. DTMJ programs are related to Theological Studies, Capacity Building and Diakonia. DTMJ also houses the advocacy unit of the LWF, the “Action for Justice” team, which focuses its work on Human Rights, Interfaith/Peace, Gender Justice and Climate Justice.
If you are interested in
- Enabling the exchange among young people within the Lutheran Communion, like the Global Young Reformers Network and regional networks
- Strengthening the leadership capacities of young people in the Communion
- Promoting and supporting an increased participation of young people in the life and work of church and society that goes beyond a specific quota
- Contributing to an increased understanding within the Communion and the Member Churches of the importance of young people both for the present and future church
- Contributing to a forward-looking LWF Assembly in 2023, influenced by the younger generation of the member churches.
If you are
- Well-grounded in faith and experienced in youth work in an LWF Member Church
- A strategic leader and enabler for young people´s substantial and active participation in the life of churches and in society
- Skilled in networking and connecting/facilitating people for fruitful collaboration
- Interested to work closely with Communion Office colleagues generating new ideas and approaches to bring youth perspective into different thematic areas of the work.
- Experienced in an international setting
- Understanding human rights issues which affect young people in all their diversity
- Able to take initiatives and inspire people
- Graduated from university or equivalent
- Able to organize the work and communicate adequately
- Below 30 years of age
Then you should consider to apply for the position of LWF Program Executive for Youth.
What do we offer?
- The opportunity to join an organization with a meaningful purpose
- The possibility to raise the participation of the youth within the network of LWF member churches
- An international exposure for an ambitious, autonomous and committed young professional
- A three-year employment contract, preferably as a local hire or in country where you hold a valid work permit. Details regarding the contractual conditions are to be discussed
- Regular worldwide travels, including to the Communion Office in Geneva, as close cooperation with fellow colleagues in the Communion Office, wherever located, is crucial.
Closing date for applications: 16 November 2020.
Please include an updated CV, a church endorsement from your member church and a personal letter explaining why and how you would like to develop and strengthen the youth work of the LWF.
A more detailed description of the position may be requested at the following email: firstname.lastname@example.org