Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
RTI International is an independent organization dedicated to conducting innovative, multidisciplinary research that improves the human condition. With a worldwide staff of more than 4,000 people, RTI offers innovative research and development and a full spectrum of multidisciplinary services. Universities in North Carolina founded RTI in 1958 as a centerpiece of the Research Triangle Park.
RTI is currently seeking to fill a vacancy for the Kenya Crops & Dairy Market Systems (KCDMS) Activity which is part of the Feed the Future program, America’s initiative to combat global hunger and poverty. In this regard, USAID is partnering with RTI International on a 5-year (Oct 2017 to Sept 2022) cooperative agreement – KCDMS Activity – to help increase agricultural production and reduce poverty and malnutrition in Kenya. The project will also spur competitive, resilient market systems in Kenya’s horticulture and dairy sectors. We seek to recruit a Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator to be based in the Kisumu office.
Job Summary: The M&E Coordinator shall play an essential role ensuring that fellow technical staff have clear guidance and support on MEL requirements. They will coordinate MEL activities in the designated region (Western, Nyanza or Eastern) of operation.
In addition, the MEL Coordinator is expected to contribute fully to the overall objectives of the KCDMS activity, conducting him/herself in a proper manner at all times as a representative of the program, and is responsible for the safe keeping and care of program assets assigned to his/her care.
- With the support of MEL Manager, work with implementing team to develop intervention results frameworks including indicators and monitoring plans and take responsibility for implementation.
- With support of MEL Manager, and database specialist, work with grantees on building and managing their data management platforms according to the KCDMS database management system guidelines and grants agreement requirements.
- Play a key role in the capture and use of both explicit knowledge (available from data gathered and recorded for monitoring and reporting) and tacit knowledge (that held internal to an individual) for organizational learning and decision-making, and to manage information flow between staff at all levels.
- Work closely with the technical team to ensure that they document all data (both qualitatively and quantitatively) in line with the program’s M&E framework and guidelines for tracking the transformation process and ensures that all such data and information is posted correctly.
- Enter monitoring data into project database, perform regular data quality checks and take necessary corrective action to ensure that data input into the KCDMS MEL database is accurate.
- Conduct preliminary analysis of data on a monthly and quarterly basis to identify trends, and to determine if regional targets are being met.
- Undertake field visits and participate in project events to directly observe project progress and to interact with beneficiaries to gain a better understanding of the picture presented from monitoring data collected, noting changes not explicitly covered in project performance monitoring plan
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual data reports for submission to KCDMS management team in Nairobi. Prepare monthly reports highlighting progress in implementation of individual work plan.
- Document stories to demonstrate project successes and challenges.
- Coordinate evaluation activities with support from project team for the respective area of operation. Responsible for the collection and interpretation of information gathered and ensures that all information is collected in a valid, reliable, and timely manner.
- Conduct field support visits on project activities to observe proper and timely implementation and to determine if those activities conform to project objectives and targets.
- Provide technical assistance to KCDMS staff members and partner organization staff at the regional level in the utilization and management of monitoring and impact assessment tools.
- Familiarize him/herself with the KCDMS gender and natural resources management mainstreaming plans to ensure they are incorporated into their daily monitoring operations.
- Work as a team member with the Regional Coordinator and sector staff to coordinate program activities, effectively utilize project equipment and resources, and to communicate well with multi-program actors on common message and united assistance.
- Contribute to the preparation and drafting of the regional MEL components of the quarterly and annual reports and any other project publications as required.
- Contribute to the preparation of the annual implementation plan with the MEL Team and use it to monitor and report on results.
- Perform any other duties as may be required by the MEL Manager and Director of MEL.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in statistics, M&E, economics or any other relevant field
- 3 years M&E experience in developing and managing M&E systems with sub-programme partners and technical colleagues.
- Experience working with USAID M&E systems, experience handling FTFMS data management systems. Use of TraiNet will be an added advantage
- Participation in Data Quality assessments i.e. USAID’s DQA.
- Ability to work through programme level ICT-based data management systems including using of mobile data collection platforms and
- Experience in planning and executing data collection work during evaluations including baselines, midlines and endlines, annual outcome surveys / periodic impact assessment, and other special studies.
- Excellent use of Excel. Knowledge and use of other analysis software like R, Python, stata will be an added advantage
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
RTI does not permit any payment requests demanded during any part of the hiring process. If such requests are made, please report it to the RTI Ethics Office via HRethics@rti.org. Any candidate making any payment will be disqualified from consideration for future employment with RTI.