Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The Amref Central Laboratory is ISO 15189:2012 accredited. The Laboratory has the following core services: -Clinical Laboratory diagnostics, External Quality Assessment, provision of training and capacity building for in-service medical laboratory professionals, and consultancy in Laboratory Quality Management System Implementation.
Main Purpose of Job
The Laboratory Manager will:
- Plan, manage and supervise the activities of the Amref Central Laboratory (ACL) in accordance with established protocols and ISO15189:2012.
- Oversee the carrying out of clinical tests and provision of accurate and timely test results.
- Provide leadership and guidance to technologists, technicians and interns in the laboratory.
- Ensure implementation of policies, address any complaints, requests or suggestions,and oversee monitoring of all work performed in the laboratory.
- Must be a Kenyan citizen
- Must have a valid license to practice from the Kenya Medical Laboratory Technicians and Technologist Board (KMLTTB).
- Must be registered and certified by KMLTTB.
- Must be ready to take up the role of being the ACL Laboratory Superintendent as indicated in the Medical Laboratory Technicians and Technologists Act.
Education and Knowledge
- Bachelor of Science degree in Medical Laboratory Sciences from a KMLTTB approved institution.
- Must have received training in ISO15189 QMS implementation.
- Prior training on Biosafety and Biosecurity.
How to Apply
Interested applicants are encouraged to visit our website www.amref.org to view the job description and how to apply. Deadline for applications is 25th November 2020. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Amref staff are encouraged to apply.
Duly note that Amref Health Africa does not require applicants to pay any fee at whatever stage of the recruitment and selection process.
Amref Health Africa is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share this commitment. Amref Health Africa is an equal opportunity employer and has a non-smoking environment policy